Another beach question ! Cemetary reef or other suggestions pls.

waytog

I am going on a 5 day cruise and I only have one good beach day on the cruise (the other port day is Key West), so I want to make sure the beach I choose in Grand Cayman is wonderful.

I have been to GC many times and I have always gone to Cemetary Reef on the north side of 7 mile beach, behind a cemetary. It has been a couple years, before the hurricane, and I would like to know if it is still as nice as before. I liked it because it was not crowded, even though it did not have bathroom facilities.

I am trying to steer clear of taking an excursion OR renting a car, so Rum point is not really my first choice.

I would love to know the best beach to take a taxi to. I don't mind spending 30 minutes, or up to $25 dollars one way on a taxi. I just want it to be beautiful, good for swimming and not too crowded !!

Hi, We were at Cem. (Beach area) last week. Lovely! We were there 2 years ago after the hurricane. Windy though! The wind blew away both my contact lenses as I was putting them in!! LOL

Found the snorkeling quite good, but as you know you have to swim out quite a ways. Some people around but definitely not crowded. We caught the local bus for $2.50/pp each way.

Would definitely go back to that spot again. LOVE that beach!!!!

You could always go there for a while and then walk your way up the beach for a change of scenery if you needed to.

Archived