Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hi everyone!

Mithryl - we are going to the Bahamas 2/29, just a little weekend quickie ;). April we go Southern Caribbean and September Western...yeah, we just hate the Caribean LOL. Seems you all are really enjoying Hawaii! I can hardly wait to set sail (driving poor DP crazy), how are you holding up? I'd like to try a Riviera or Panama Canal...maybe we can squeeze one more in for 2008 :rolleyes:

Our first love was the Grand Princess, then we went Celebrity, then RCCL. Once we saw how much we enjoyed cruising we decided to stick with RCCL for at least 5 so we can combine w/Celebrity & upgrade to platinum...yes, I'm a whore for perks :p. We enjoyed each line for different reasons...

If only I could cruise all the time...I often fantasize of being a travel critic...much more fun than accounting LOL.

Will be doing our first cruise on the jewel feb10.Also this will be our 25th anniversary has anyone ever bought the anniversary package from the cruise.I plan on doing something special anyway but thought I may look into the package.

Maggie:cool:

My other half an I got the Romance package on our last cruis and think it is an EXCELLENT VALUE! When the waiter sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart", they didn't even blink that we were two females. The whole package is a bargain. We're going to get it on every NCL sailing that we do, from now on.

Mithryl...Thanks so much for starting this thread! So many great tips and stories out there!

I'm 47 and my partner is 45. We have a 3 yr old son. I'm the blue collar in the family, and my partner is a journalist specializing in health related topics (mostly cancer and aids). Because of her job we will be going on the Olivia Cruise For the Cure on March 30th. I posted a roll call for the cruise but no hits. Maybe someone in this thread?

We went on our first cruise this past summer (NCL Spirit/NY to Caribbean)and are now true fans! Loved freestyle dining! And the diversity on the ship was great! I'm a masculine looking woman and my partner is a girly girl, and I have to say that we never once were uncomfortable on our trip. There were the typical lookie loos, but aren't there always? Between doing kiddie things with our son, and my love for the blackjack table, we met many wonderful people. That said...we are looking to do a family trip to Alaska, summer 2009. Can anyone make suggestions for a group that includes ages 2 to 73? Since our only experience is with NCL, we have no clue about the other lines.

Robin

NCL has the Pearl doing Alaska:) . It is bigger and has more stuff than the Spirit. We're doing it and Alaska for the first time in May.

When in June are you going to Alaska? My partner and I will also be sailing on Princess to Alaska in June.

We're planning on sailing 7/20/08 on HAL's Westerdam. The last time we sailed to Alaska, it was also with HAL (and Olivia!!) It was Olivia's first sailing contract with HAL.

Hello everyone!

We just saw the new Caribbean cruise Olivia has planned for March of 2009 and have decided to go ahead and book it. It will be our 2nd Olivia cruise. The first one was so fantastic I can't wait to go again!!!

Is anyone else thinking about going?

Hi Jen & Kim. Great to see your posting. How was your last cruise? You did Alaska didn't you?

We won't be on the March cruise since we are booked on the January one. However, a 2fer might encourage us to join you!! We just had the best ever O in January. Lots of fun..........

Hi Julie!

We are doing Alaska in September of this year. I can't wait!!!

Are you going on the Barbados trip in January? I would love to take that one but it is a bit out of our price range.

Our 5 year anniversary is March of '09 so that is why we decided to take the cruise. Even though we've been to the Caribbean several times we can't think of a better group to spend our anniversary with than the ladies of Olivia! :D

:) Hi all,Is there anyone that will be cruising the last week in August?? Me and my sweetie will be cruisin on Royal Caribbean to the western caribbean.Then we will stay in Florida for an extra week after.We can't wait.This will be my 4th cruise and my sweetie's 2nd.I dont know who's more excited.LOL:rolleyes:

Days Hours Mins Sec

186 6 4 46

Pussycat - We'd love to do the March 2009 Caribbean cruise as well. Looking for a twofer. If we do get a twofer we'll most likely go. The Barbados trip is a no-go. Out of our budget since L's retiring January 2010. Sigh.

Hope you guys are doing well. Be sure and post pics and review of your Barbados trip in January.

Lookin' for Spring,

Carol and Linda.

Hi Everyone My Partner And I Have Been Together 39 Years And Are Celebrating By Doing The Ncl Sun Repo Thru The Panama Canal

We Hope To Meet People At Fod Meeting But It Would Be Nice To Have Roll Call Going Before Hand

We Live In Kamloops B.c. Canada And This Will Be Our Fourth Cruise --- We Are Hooked. Ship Sails April 20/08 Out Of Miami.

I Have Enjoyed Reading Your Posts Thank You

Marian

Carol & Linda. Sorry to hear that you wont be joining us on the Barbados cruise. However, I know you will have a blast on the March Caribbean cruise. They are all great. It will be interesting to see the itinerary.

And you never know who you might see that you know, IF they get a twofer!(Maybe a dream on my part but keeping all options open!!)

Both fine here. Looking to Spring too as it's been freezing here since we returned from FLL.

Cheers!

Julie

> ^..^ <

Well we leave in just 6 days for our R/T to Hawaii. I know not many of you have done this cruise, but if anyone has questions they'd like me to answer, I'll be glad to get the information for you. We leave Saturday to fly to LA and then we embark on Sunday. If you're curious about the Diamond Princess, Hawaii (we do 5 ports of call) or the whole R/T experience, just let me know and I'll do what I can to answer your questions. I may do a live post or two since we'll have our laptop with us.

The crowd is a bit older, but still fun. I haven't heard of any "family" sailing with us so far, but there always seems to be a least a few Lesbian couples aboard and some gay guys as well. We've got a decent thread going on the regular boards, so I know we'll meet some wonderful people on our adventure.

BrendiniOne,

Where are you at in TX?? We are live in Irving....suburb of Dallas.

We're from Dallas.

BrendiniOne-My partner and I both work at Half Price Books. I think we have a store in or near Humble. We have many in Houston, I know. Graet place to work and excellent benefits :) .

God Bless Texas!

Well we leave in just 6 days for our R/T to Hawaii. I know not many of you have done this cruise, but if anyone has questions they'd like me to answer, I'll be glad to get the information for you. We leave Saturday to fly to LA and then we embark on Sunday. If you're curious about the Diamond Princess, Hawaii (we do 5 ports of call) or the whole R/T experience, just let me know and I'll do what I can to answer your questions. I may do a live post or two since we'll have our laptop with us.

The crowd is a bit older, but still fun. I haven't heard of any "family" sailing with us so far, but there always seems to be a least a few Lesbian couples aboard and some gay guys as well. We've got a decent thread going on the regular boards, so I know we'll meet some wonderful people on our adventure.

Just stoppin in to wish Mithryl a safe trip :) Have a great time ladies Hawaii that should be awesome! I would like to do that cruise one day. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Maybe I'll do it for our 10 year anniversary which will be in 3 years since my partner doesn't want to reset the clock when we get married lol :D We've been together for 7 yrs and we're getting married in 16 days wow time sure flew by. Everything is coming along together just fine thank God :) We're cruising in 4 weeks :eek: Not soon enough LOL

Take care all and Bon Voyage Mithryl...

We're from Dallas.

BrendiniOne-My partner and I both work at Half Price Books. I think we have a store in or near Humble. We have many in Houston, I know. Graet place to work and excellent benefits :) .

God Bless Texas!

Chris,

We LOVE Half-Price Books! I'm a teacher and I find great deals for my classroom. My wife and I are both avid readers as well. If not for 1/2 price books we could not afford to cruise ; )

Brenda

Just stoppin in to wish Mithryl a safe trip :) Have a great time ladies Hawaii that should be awesome! I would like to do that cruise one day. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Maybe I'll do it for our 10 year anniversary which will be in 3 years since my partner doesn't want to reset the clock when we get married lol :D We've been together for 7 yrs and we're getting married in 16 days wow time sure flew by. Everything is coming along together just fine thank God :) We're cruising in 4 weeks :eek: Not soon enough LOL

Take care all and Bon Voyage Mithryl...

Hi Stormloca777,

Thanks for the good wishes. We're all packed and ready to fly out tomorrow morning. This is our 10th amnniversary (3/4/08) and our 4th since we were married in Oregon. We call it our "10/4"...but we're not over and out! Hope your up comingt cruise is fantastic as well.

Vicki

BrendiniOne,

Where are you at in TX?? We are live in Irving....suburb of Dallas.

Hi Postalgrrl,

We lived in North Richland Hills and we worked in Irving for GTE (now Verizon) about 10 years ago. We met in Irving before moving to Idaho). Have you ever eaten at the Italian Garden? It's my all time favorite Italain resturant. Best Chicken Picatta I've ever had!

Take care.

Vicki