Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

we'll be on a short cruise May 5 on the Sovereign. Haven't seen anyone else going, but thought I'd check!

We've been on the Sovereign a few times. Great for a quick getaway. We are from Ganinesville, as well.

ML

I'd try to convice ya'll to take a quick getaway for this one too but it looks like you've already got a lot scheduled!

We leave Thursday on our 1st b2b. Two cruise credits for 9 nights instead of one. We qualitfy for D+ on the 1st half and sail as D+ on the 2nd half. Can't wait.

Maybe we can convince you to join us on the Mariner for Labor Day week. Great rates and only 4 vacation days.

ML

Maybe we can convince you to join us on the Mariner for Labor Day week. Great rates and only 4 vacation days.

ML

I wish we could! We'd both have to miss a week of school though... I'm in law school and my partner is an engineering major so it's hard for us to skip! Otherwise, we'd definitely do it. That's the itinerary that I wanted to do this year but couldn't get any of the dates to work out with my internship. :(

Hope you guys have fun on your upcoming back to back!

It's nice to know there are some nice ladies in town! We really don't know any family here in Gainesville.

I wish we could! We'd both have to miss a week of school though... I'm in law school and my partner is an engineering major so it's hard for us to skip! Otherwise, we'd definitely do it. That's the itinerary that I wanted to do this year but couldn't get any of the dates to work out with my internship. :(

Hope you guys have fun on your upcoming back to back!

It's nice to know there are some nice ladies in town! We really don't know any family here in Gainesville.

Gooooo Gators!!!!

Hi I hope you come back to this thread because we were interested in taking the Olivia trip in Nov. on the Westerdam and wanted to know how your trip is. We've taken Olivia trips before and know how much fun they can be and it's been years since we've taken a cruise with them. Wanted to know how the ship is and if you enjoyed it.

I think I must be in cruise withdrawal.

Must get...onto...cruise ship.......stat.

D.

We've got 08 covered (30 days til Alaska! Then a long 5 months until the Caribbean :( ).

We're starting our 09 searches now. Looks like one cruise in March and another......at some point in 09 :) .

Hi I hope you come back to this thread because we were interested in taking the Olivia trip in Nov. on the Westerdam and wanted to know how your trip is. We've taken Olivia trips before and know how much fun they can be and it's been years since we've taken a cruise with them. Wanted to know how the ship is and if you enjoyed it.

Hi T's water baby,

We'll be sailing the Westerdam in July. I haven't done an Olivia since 2001, but if you have any specific questions about the Westerdam, I'll be glad to get the answers for you while we're aboard.

We just booked the 7/20/08 Alaska Inside passage R/T from Seattle. Anyone else on this sailing?

Vicki & Bonnie

• 2 weeks later...

I came back to read a few posts and see whats going on. Looks like everyone is busy right now. Thinking about another cruise. This time somewhere warm. The Alaska cruise was too cool to be outside much.

Hi all!,

Has anyone done the Panama Canal RT from Ft. Lauderdale? I've always thought about cruising through the canal, like Ft. Lauderdale to LA, but I'm not sure what this RT is like...do you actually go through the canal and then back again?

Also considering a repositioning cruise for 2010, flying over to Athens or Rome, doing the Greek Isles, Italy, Spain, Portugal and then transatlantic to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone have experience doing that one?

We'll most likely do Princess as our next cruise will move us up a notch from Gold status.

Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicki

Hi all!,

Has anyone done the Panama Canal RT from Ft. Lauderdale? I've always thought about cruising through the canal, like Ft. Lauderdale to LA, but I'm not sure what this RT is like...do you actually go through the canal and then back again?

Also considering a repositioning cruise for 2010, flying over to Athens or Rome, doing the Greek Isles, Italy, Spain, Portugal and then transatlantic to Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyone have experience doing that one?

We'll most likely do Princess as our next cruise will move us up a notch from Gold status.

Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vicki

HI Vicki,

I have done that RT cruise from Lauderdale on Princess; go on the Coral...it is a great ship. You go into the Gatun Lake on the ship and then people that are doing excursions (you can only do ship excursions there) get off and they do their thing. The boat is anchored for a few hours in the lake and then goes back the way it came and waits at the port for the excursion people. It is really a nice trip. You can take an excursion that will take you on a small boat and you go through all three sets of locks and then takes you back to the ship. It is a very long day and the excursion is sorty of pricey but it is neat to see all three sets of locks.

Gator

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

My partner & I are relatively new to CC and we had no idea that this thread even existed...we were wondering where the female "family" was! We are going on our first cruise together in a couple weeks and we can't wait.

Happy cruisin...!

Hi there!

My partner & I are relatively new to CC and we had no idea that this thread even existed...we were wondering where the female "family" was! We are going on our first cruise together in a couple weeks and we can't wait.

Happy cruisin...!

Yes we are here...it's just that the thread was buried since no one had come in and posted for awhile so I had to bump it up :p to see where all the ladies went.

You will enjoy cruising they get you hooked. I've been on 4 and I'm already planning the one for next year as we speak :D

My wife and I live in Jersey we just got married (civil union) in March. Our last cruise was for our honeymoon/anniversary (7years) together ;)

Let me know how your Carnival cruise goes. I have yet to sail with them. Just been on (2) Princess & (2) Royal Caribbean.

Take care!

Hi Jess!

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your union! This trip was originally planned as our honeymoon, but due to family issues, we postponed our ceremony until October, 2008. The cruise was already paid for, so we decided to take the cruise now and we'll do another one before the end of the year as our honeymoon (2 cruises in 1 year...yay)!!

I'll definitely let you know how this one goes. We are looking to go on other cruiselines too! My partner is a travel agent and is always looking for ways for us to "see the world"! So maybe one day we'll end up on the same ship!

Nice to "meet" you!

Angel :)

Hi Jess!

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your union! This trip was originally planned as our honeymoon, but due to family issues, we postponed our ceremony until October, 2008. The cruise was already paid for, so we decided to take the cruise now and we'll do another one before the end of the year as our honeymoon (2 cruises in 1 year...yay)!!

I'll definitely let you know how this one goes. We are looking to go on other cruiselines too! My partner is a travel agent and is always looking for ways for us to "see the world"! So maybe one day we'll end up on the same ship!

Nice to "meet" you!

Angel :)

Hi Angel,

Nice to meet you too. It will be cool to sail on the same ship in the near future. I like meeting new people :) Our friends 2 other couples gay guys they had joined us on our honeymoon. We actually had planned the cruise first with them back in Sept. and in Oct. we decided let's make it our honeymoon LOL It was a lot of wedding planning to do in only 5 months but we did it! It all went by so fast. It was like a dream... We couldn't have ask for a more beautiful day.

We are planning to go on a Princess cruise for next year. It was our friends first cruise on Royal now they want to experience another cruise line.

Its great that your partner is a travel agent I'm sure you will make it all around the world. ;)

Talk to you soon.

Hi everyone,

I meant to post a month or so ago to say what an absolutely fabulous time we had on our Sapphire Princess 12 day cruise around New Zealand and Australia. We made many Gay friends (all male) and traveled all over Australia after disembarking in Sydney. We arrived just in time for Mardi Gras. Kept seeing our new friends from te Sapphire Princess all over Sydney, where we stayed five days before taking a "Wonders of Australia" land tour for two more weeks.

I had planned to look for a job (been on "sabbatical" for a year from nursing), but now are squeezing in just one more little cruise before that...and found out I need major back surgery for slipped disk and bulging disks in my neck and spine. So we are going to Montreal and cruising around Nova Scotia and getting off in Boston before we fly home and i go under the knife. Will really take it slow and easy and enjoy ship life and the scenery this time. No big adventures for me!

My partner Liz and I have been together 11 years and love traveling and cruising to places we otherwise would not get to see. We live in Ft Myers Florida.

Hi Jay and T,

I've sailed RC twice (Caribbean and Mexican Riv.). I thought their service was great. Since Olivia uses Holland America a lot for their cruises, I can say that the only difference I can see is the comfort of being around all lesbians and the specialized entertainment for us.

I was actually on the very first cruise that Olivia did with HAL, and the crew, although somewhat tentative at first, ended up really enjoying themselves. There was a big "Thank You" at the end, and it was very sincere.

I just looked at the price difference for Olivia's Danube River Cruise in 2008 and compared it to the normal price for Viking. It was $1,000 a person higher.

You have to weigh just how much the specialized "Olivia" experience means to you (especially during a anniversary, etc.) compared to a regular cruise environment.

My partner and I will be celebrating our 9th year together and our 4th anniversary on our upcoming cruise to Hawaii.(We we're married in Portland during the few weeks that it was allowed.) Since it's a fairly expensive trip, we opted to go with Princess and book a Vista Suite for the 15 days. The price is comparable to a suite on a 7 day cruise with Olivia. Hope this helps a little.

Mithryl

I agree on the importance of the experience being the determining factor. Many years ago, we booked on the Dolphin out of Miami on an early Olivia cruise. The atmosphere on the cruise was fantastic, we had a great time. We haven't gone since, even though we enjoyed it tremendously. We had booked & paid for a suite. When we arrived we were given a very small porthole room in the bow. We questioned it & were told our room had been given to a last minute entertainer. No restitution was ever offered. We decided to make the best of it, and really had fun. But we were left with a bitter taste & felt used by Olivia. It's probably not fair to hold the same opinion for so long, but with the amount of competition out there, it's hard not to take advantage of the great cruises at reasonable prices rather than taking a chance that Olivia will pull a similar stunt again.