Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Wow bots99...that's really something! I can't believe that Olivia never offered any type of discount or future cruise credit. It would have left a bitter taste in my mouth too! We were considering a charter like Olivia, but maybe we'll do a few more mainstream ones first. It's much more price effective and we can do longer cruises and have nicer cabins! Bless you cuz I don't know if I would have been so nice about it!

Angel :)

I'm really surprised that Olivia did not "make good" on your cabin. Maybe because, as you say, it was "early" in the Olivia cruise business.

We've been on two Olivia cruises and loved both of them. And on each, someone in the Olivia business office messed up our payment. Both times, Olivia "made good" and upgraded us. We had booked a cheaper inside cabin, figuring we wouldn't be in our cabin much anyway. They upgraded us both times to an outside veranda cabin. On our first cruise, they put us in an aft cabin, with the huge veranda off the back of the ship. On our second cruise, we were upgraded to a large veranda cabin on the starboard side of the ship. They have always been very good about seeing to our every comfort, and been right there to solve any problem. We've never had any complaints and we're willing to pay extra for the atmosphere that can't be beat. We live in a small town with nothing for gays at all. Being on an Olivia cruise is wonderful, overwhelming and just plain fantastic for us.

We have a cruise planned for November 10th out of New Orleans... so far there are 14 women. We are on the Carnival Fantasy for 5 nights and go to Progreso and Cozumel. We have really good rates and still have a couple of rooms left on reserve... interested??

We have a cruise planned for November 10th out of New Orleans... so far there are 14 women. We are on the Carnival Fantasy for 5 nights and go to Progreso and Cozumel. We have really good rates and still have a couple of rooms left on reserve... interested??

Hi Vicki!

Thanks for the info...what type of cabins do you have on reserve?! My partner's birthday is Nov. 7th and this would be a great bday present for her! We are having our commitment ceremony in October, so it can be a combo honeymoon/birthday celebration! Please provide more info or email me: andifan@yahoo.com. I guess it's too late for it to be a surprise...oh well! :p

Angel :)

Wow, bots99, I am sorry that you were treated that way by Olivia. It is definitely a rare thing. We've been on 7 cruises & never had a problem with customer service while on board. They normally make good on any accommodations they sell & if they screw up in any way they compensate. You didn't say if you approached them for compensation. It's possible that in those early days your problem fell through the cracks & a nudge from you might have helped.

Anyone who has travelled with them for years will tell you that they are a class act & it's too bad that this one experience has turned you away from them.

Just stopped in to say congratulations to all of our California Cruisers who are now planning their weddings! Since the current law does not limit the marriages to just California State residences, those that haven't already gone to Canada may be headed west as well.

Hopefully everyone will be planning cruise honeymoons soon!

Vicki

• 2 weeks later...

My sweetheart and I will be taking our second 15 day cruise to Hawaii this December and would love to already know someone.

She is looking at a diving excursion and I like to just explore.

Anyone else going?

Barbara

(and DeVia)

Hi all,

There are so many Lesbians from this thread sailing and we never seem to be on the same ship...:(

cheers,

PA

We can't afford Olivia. We prefer to do two mainstrean cruises a year, instead ;) .

We simply love Freestyle :D . Can't get the other half to do anything else :)

We can't afford Olivia. We prefer to do two mainstrean cruises a year, instead ;) .

We simply love Freestyle :D . Can't get the other half to do anything else :)

Done the freestyle and also liked it. Am trying Princess becuase they have the open dining option of anytime and you can eat at the buffet for dinner and get the same food as the dining room. Maybe you partner would like that.

Maybe you can join the 4 of us in Jan. :eek:

cheers,

Paddy Anne

From what I've heard, Princess's open dining isn't quite like Freestyle. I think we may be too casual for Princess, as well. I'm not a slop and I look nice for dinner, though I wore jeans in the less formal dining room for dinner one night :eek: .

From what I've heard, Princess's open dining isn't quite like Freestyle. I think we may be too casual for Princess, as well. I'm not a slop and I look nice for dinner, though I wore jeans in the less formal dining room for dinner one night :eek: .

My brother and his GF hate to dress up all the time. On their last princess cruise they ate up on the lido deck restaurant everynight. You dress in shorts or whatever and they put on table cloths and serve the food that is in the dining room. They even come around and offer wine, drinks, etc. I figure after a long day of touring an island, this is the best of both worlds.

cheers,

PA

Aloha,

Just thought I'd check in....been away from here for a bit. We had an awesome Mexican Riviera cruise in April. The 2 of us, and my son and his g/f...all in aft facing cabins....it was a blast, memorable one, forsure.

Looking at booking the Amsterdam in August, and Panama canal Sept. of '09.

Anyone have any advice or experience with Sept. cruising from L.A. to Miami?

Barbara, just wanted to suggest some diving for you guys in Hawaii. I am in Maui, and the diving can be awesome here depending on the weather and the surf. I think the best diving is out of Kona. Let me know if you have any questions...I'll do my best to help you out.

Aloha,

Barbara, just wanted to suggest some diving for you guys in Hawaii. I am in Maui, and the diving can be awesome here depending on the weather and the surf. I think the best diving is out of Kona. Let me know if you have any questions...I'll do my best to help you out.

Thanks so much. DeVia is in Palau right now on a diving yacht - it's not really a cruise - but a dive trip.

I know that she is very interested in diving at least one of our Hawaii ports on our cruise this December.

OH WOW!

Sounds like a great trip. We are searching everyday trying to decide where we will travel to next. Diving certainly plays a part in our decisions.

Feel free to shoot an email if you'd like any info on the Hawaiian islands I might be able to help with.

moshi63@yahoo.com

:D:D

My brother and his GF hate to dress up all the time. On their last princess cruise they ate up on the lido deck restaurant everynight. You dress in shorts or whatever and they put on table cloths and serve the food that is in the dining room. They even come around and offer wine, drinks, etc. I figure after a long day of touring an island, this is the best of both worlds.

cheers,

PA

The thought of being relegated to the buffet if I wasn't adhering to the dress code kind of leaves me cold. I'm not sure if I'd like that.:o

The thought of being relegated to the buffet if I wasn't adhering to the dress code kind of leaves me cold. I'm not sure if I'd like that.:o

Location only. They put table cloths on the table, have bar service and serve the food in the dining room.

Paddy Anne

Most ships have a less formal dining room.

On the Dawn:

No jeans after 5PM in The Venetian Main dining room

OK in Aquas Main dining room and other 10 dining venues

Pearl:

No jeans after 5PM in Summer Palace Main dining room

OK in Indigos Main Dining room and other 10 dining venues

Jewel:

No jeans after 5PM Tzar's Palace Main dining room

OK in Azura Main dining Room and other 10 dining venues

Granted, the last cruise we took was the only time I wore jeans to dinner when not in the Garden Café. Honestly, it's kinda the principle of it more than the reality. DP is NOT going to let me wear jeans to dinner in the Steakhouse, the Italian, French, Tex-Mex or Asian restaurants ;) . Luckily the Garden Café, Sports Bar and Blue Lagoon are acceptable places for me to go uber-casual- shorts :D . It's just knowing that I have more options than eating on the Lido deck or room service, is the thing.

Of course, DP simply wont sail on anything but NCL, so it's kinda a moot point anyway. :) I mention any other cruiseline and she looks at me like I've lost my ever-loving mind. It's funny, because she's more reserved and less casual than I am. She owns one pair of jeans that she go when we went to Alaska and she didn't even wear them. I doubt she'll wear them anytime soon, either.

We did the 15 day Princess cruise to Hawaii in Feb 07 and while the formal nights were nice - DeVia and I only dressed up for one of them.

The other one we did not dress up and we were seated with others at a table who also did not dress up. No one turned us away from the dining room due to our dress.

We did the 15 day Princess cruise to Hawaii in Feb 07 and while the formal nights were nice - DeVia and I only dressed up for one of them.

The other one we did not dress up and we were seated with others at a table who also did not dress up. No one turned us away from the dining room due to our dress.

I'm not a huge fan of traditional dining either :o . I've done it once and didn't like it. I'm not especially comfortable eating with people I don't know. I have a tendency to get verbal diarrhea when nervous. Small talk makes me nervous. It's not pretty. :)

I know some people like getting to know table mates on a cruise. Believe me when I say, the thought of it creeps me out. Don't get me wrong, I am a certifiable hoot, once I get to know people and am quite entertaining, to boot :D . Many people enjoy my company, even.

Hey All!

My wife and I are planning our second Olivia cruise at Thanksgiving on the Westerdam. We loved our first Olivia cruise, but usually choose the cheaper mainstream cruises. However, when we got the 2 for 1 offer we decided to take the Olivia plunge again. Anyone else booked on that cruise? We'd love to chat.

Brenda

(And Suzanne :)