Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

enjoy alaska!! We went in July and it was fabulous!!We were on the Island Princess

Re Med, we are actually booked on Oct 3rd sailing on the new Carnival Dream..we hooked up with a group and got some great rates and also on board credits and goodies...Not only is everyone firendly we have met with two other "family" couples..12 days plus 3 extra in Rome..you should look into it!!!

Mel

Hey,

Whats up? Funny to see you here. I thought I would let you know we got our Apt. in Rome. Hopefully you both can stay near us. We are only a couple blocks from where Linda and her group is staying.

Hi everyone, we've returned from our NCL Seattle round trip 7 day cruise and could not have had better weather or seas. One thing we found on this Alaska trip was that the excursion tour guides trully love what they do. Not the typical ho hum here's this, here's that. Having guides as we did certainly made the excursions that much more interesting. For all of you that don't like NCL, and you know who you are, keep in mind one thing......On each of our NCL excursions there was a group from the Princess Sapphire and when we compared pricing for the excursions, Princess was consistantly $60 more per person. So when you think of NCL as nickle and dimeing you, remember there are real $$ differences in comparable shore excursions with Princess. And as had been said before, the suite life on NCL with Butler and Concerige can not be beat!!! If you can afford it, regardless of which cruise line you may choose, try an AFT suite. We just did for the first time and we'll never book anything other than Aft with that fab 180 degree view. OMG!!!!!

Hey,

Whats up? Funny to see you here. I thought I would let you know we got our Apt. in Rome. Hopefully you both can stay near us. We are only a couple blocks from where Linda and her group is staying.

lol fancy finding me on this board!!! kewl on the apartment....i will jump to the other board to find out where you are..We are thinking about the Hotel Mozart by the Spanish steps..

talk soon

Hi everyone, we've returned from our NCL Seattle round trip 7 day cruise and could not have had better weather or seas. One thing we found on this Alaska trip was that the excursion tour guides trully love what they do. Not the typical ho hum here's this, here's that. Having guides as we did certainly made the excursions that much more interesting. For all of you that don't like NCL, and you know who you are, keep in mind one thing......On each of our NCL excursions there was a group from the Princess Sapphire and when we compared pricing for the excursions, Princess was consistantly $60 more per person. So when you think of NCL as nickle and dimeing you, remember there are real $$ differences in comparable shore excursions with Princess. And as had been said before, the suite life on NCL with Butler and Concerige can not be beat!!! If you can afford it, regardless of which cruise line you may choose, try an AFT suite. We just did for the first time and we'll never book anything other than Aft with that fab 180 degree view. OMG!!!!!

We looked at NCL when we did Alaska in July, but Princess was about 700.00 less for a balcony..

Have to say, very jealous you did Alaska with an AFT...must have been awesome...If you have pics we would love to see them!!!

My partner and I did our first non-Olivia cruise last year on NCL. We had a GREAT time. No problems as all from other passengers or staff. Our room steward didn't bat an eye when we asked that the beds be put together. We attended the FOD gatherings that were posted in the dailies. Although there were other women on board, unfortunately they were only attended by men. But no worries, we love our boy-friends! We were so impressed with the NCL Freestyle experience that we are sailing with them again 11/01/08 Mexican Riviera.

While I LOVE the Olivia experience, I LOVE the NCL price even better. We got a "A" class balcony room for $699! You just can't beat that (although I DO miss Suzanne Westenhoefer terribly!)

Hi All,

How has Ike affect NCL and Carnival out of Galveston? I've never sailed either one, but I think they've both been sailing from there. Looks like it's been a mess down there. We're sailing with friends on 2/7/09 to the Mexican Riviera out of LA on the Sapphire Princess. Anyone esle sailing with us?

Hi All,

How has Ike affect NCL and Carnival out of Galveston? I've never sailed either one, but I think they've both been sailing from there. Looks like it's been a mess down there. We're sailing with friends on 2/7/09 to the Mexican Riviera out of LA on the Sapphire Princess. Anyone esle sailing with us?

NCL doesn't sail out of Texas, anymore, just NOLA. I'm hoping that they'll come back now that Houston has opened a newer cruise terminal.

As it stands, I've been looking at sailing the NCL Spirit out of NOLA, next year, for my birthday cruise. Though I prefer the Eastern Caribbean is my preference, I'll do the Western because NOLA would involve a flight of less than 2 hours and I really, really want to sail on the Spirit.

For the person who won't sail NCL, unanimous opinion from though who sail on Suites and above on other lines is that NO ONE can beat the Suite life that NCL offers. I suspect the people who have given you opinion on NCL are the same ones who call it "No Class Line". I can assure you that this is not the case. It's this sort of opinion that makes me hesitate to try other lines. As it stand, my DP won't sail anything but NCL so it's a mote point anyway:) . I will say that NCL isn't for everyone and you're correct when you say that it's good that there are different strokes for different folks.

Hi All - We have been away from the boards since our Olivia cruise in January and now here we are again, counting down for a rather non-spectacular Princess cruise on the Sapphire Princess to Mexico - but not until January 2010. This will be a family cruise with my cousin, Sharon, joining us. It's a long time to wait, but at least we have something booked which is better than having nothing booked :D . Hope all is well with everyone.

Mithryl - I see you're doing the Sapphire in February. Wish we could join you but I will be looking forward to hearing your 'review' of the Sapphire. My cousin has never been on a cruise ship so I hope the Sapphire will be a good first experience for her. We have a mini booked for the three of us so we should at least have a little room to move around. How will you get from LAX to the cruise terminal in San Pedro?

For everyone with a cruise coming up, fair winds and smooth seas to you all.

Carol and Linda.

I'm here Carol & Linda!

What ? No Olivia in the next year?

Be thinking of you next May when we stay at our favourite FLL hotel before we go to Columbus Isle Resort for a week. That will be a new experience for us as we've only done cruises before.

Hope all is well with you two.

Julie

> ^..^ <

Hi Julie and Phyl! Are you guys counting down to the Windstar trip? We're not planning on another Olivia anytime soon and this Sapphire Mexico cruise is only because we have unused credits on Princess we need to use or lose....and Mexico is convenient for us, of course. Linda will be retiring next year and that will curtail travel for us. Hope you are doing well.

Carol and Linda.

Pussycat - Wow, sorry to hear Phyl had to have bypass surgery, but very glad she is recuperating well. Say hello to our favorite hotel managers in FLL, would you? Wish we could join you there.

Chrisbd1 - Ahhh, Southern Caribbean. How fun! Have a fru-fru drink for all the rest of us stuck here in the oncoming winter.

Carol and Linda.

Not sure if I'm supposed to do this on this site but here it is. Wonderful, affordable place just across from Fort Lauderdale Beach. Great area. It's approx $25 taxi from airport & back to Port Everglades (If you get the right taxi driver....right Wannabecruisin ?!!) Seriously, the taxi drivers in FLL seem to be directionally challenged & that can be costly to us. So, on the hotel site, check out the directions so that you can tell the driver exactly where to go. If you don't, you might be in for an expensive magical mystery tour.

The hotel is within fairly easy walking distance of the popular area of Los Alas Blvd. Lots of eating places there. There's a great restaurant just up the street from Alhambra, called the Casablanca, check it out the food is great at lunch but a tad expensive for dinner.

http://www.alhambrabeachresort.com/

If you book, say hi to Matt from Julie & Phyl in Canada.

Hope you have a great cruise in March...........

We're going to be trying a different hotel in Ft Lauderdale, in November. The Holidy Inn Express in Lauderdale on the Beach. The rates for a king with a balcony and beach view are pretty good. I'll report how it is after we get back. :)

Olivia doesn't always use the same hotel. Everytime we've sailed out of FLL they've had a different one. Last January it was just a short cab ride north of us but I notice that in November it's south & closer to the port. If they use the same hotel in March I'd say the cab fare might be approx $15. Or, you could get there on the intercoastal water taxi, which stops very close to where we stay.