Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

It's been way too long...My wife & I booked our next cruise on Sunday 9 nights on the Caribbean Princess out of NY. We're Jersey girls here so that is why we booked out of NY no flight hassle :) 4 of our close friends are joining us (gay guys)...Anyone here want to join us.

It's for next year (Memorial Day Week) May 24th-June 2nd way to kick off our summer :D

We were on the Caribbean Princess last year in May and we loved her. She is going into drydock and getting a few enhancements which is nice to hear.

Take care,

Hi all (including you, AnitaMarie...LOL)! It's been a while since we've posted here. We've been very lucky lately and won a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice pre-inaugural cruise and Anita got invited to the Ruby Princess inaugural and naming ceremony as well! So here we were just looking forward to the cruise we actually booked in May on the Carnival Freedom when all this happened. I know this doesn't usually happen, and if we hadn't booked the cruise already, it probably wouldn't have! :eek:

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. I hear some of you will be coming down here (Fort Lauderdale) soon. I will pray that we all have good weather here and everyone will be able to sail with no threats of hurricanes or bad weather of any kind.

Happy cruising everybody!!

Angel :)

Hi all (including you, AnitaMarie...LOL)! It's been a while since we've posted here. We've been very lucky lately and won a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice pre-inaugural cruise and Anita got invited to the Ruby Princess inaugural and naming ceremony as well! So here we were just looking forward to the cruise we actually booked in May on the Carnival Freedom when all this happened. I know this doesn't usually happen, and if we hadn't booked the cruise already, it probably wouldn't have! :eek:

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. I hear some of you will be coming down here (Fort Lauderdale) soon. I will pray that we all have good weather here and everyone will be able to sail with no threats of hurricanes or bad weather of any kind.

Happy cruising everybody!!

I sure wish we were going on a cruise next month! Where are you guys going? (Which ports?)

Our next cruise (planned, not booked yet) is going to be Egypt & Aegean-Round trip Rome with Princess. Hopefully in 2010 or early in 2011.

Who knows? But with this economy....maybe some good deals will come out of it!

We've never done a Princess cruise. Only two Carnival cruises. First one was out of Tampa on the Miracle. (7 day Western Caribbean during hurricane Wilma). We loved it! The second was last May on Carnival Spirit 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver BC. Loved that one too!

Have a great time on all of your adventures!

Kay & Cherie

Hi all,

We will be staying at the Yankee Clipper on Fort Lauderdale Beach (near Los Olas) this Feb for 3 nights pre-cruise. I am wondering if you girls who live there know if there are any lesbian bars on the beach or in that immediate area.

thanks,

Paddy Anne

hi, yes there is a great lesbian bar in Wilton Manors on Wilton Manor's Drive.

New Moon Bar.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=32535394

and there are tons and tons of restaurants, art galleries, ice cream shops, tea houses, you name it.......

Wilton Manors is the neighborhood.

HTH!

hi, yes there is a great lesbian bar in Wilton Manors on Wilton Manor's Drive.

New Moon Bar.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=32535394

and there are tons and tons of restaurants, art galleries, ice cream shops, tea houses, you name it.......

Wilton Manors is the neighborhood.

HTH!

Tahnks for the info. Is there anything closer? Say walking distance from the beach and say Los Olas?

cheers,

Paddy Anne

no, unfortunately there isn't a woman's bar anywhere near Las Olas or the beach.

there are gay B&B's off Terranova Street on the beach, just before Sunrise Blvd.

but no..... nothing anywhere near the ocean.

How far is Wilton Manors and would it be good to spend the afternoon there?

cheers,

Paddy Anne

Wilton Manors is about 2 miles inland from the beach.

Wilton Drive is the heart of the cutest little gay neighborhood, next to the Castro.

lots of shops, eateries, galleries, everyone strolls the boulevard.

spend the day, or evening.

do Las Olas on another evening.

LO is a tad more expensive.;)

New Moon is the nicest, classiest bar for women and their friends..

known for their martini's and entertainment.

hth

Hi everyone,

I Have a big question to ask..... all of the cruises i have sailed have all been on Royal Caribbean.My girl and I are planing to do another.

I had heard that Carnival is just as good but when it comes down to $$ carnival is cheaper.

My question is.... Royal Caribbean or Carnival ????????????????:confused:

Hi everyone,

I Have a big question to ask..... all of the cruises i have sailed have all been on Royal Caribbean.My girl and I are planing to do another.

I had heard that Carnival is just as good but when it comes down to $$ carnival is cheaper.

Did them both. Like them both.

PA

Hi everyone,

Hi Candie...

I vote Carnival all the way!! We went on the Valor this year in May and we have another one booked on the Freedom next May. We had so much fun and we felt very comfortable. We did have one incident though.

We were in the "adults only" pool with a bunch of friends (mostly lesbians but not all). There was a couple sitting on the side of the pool. Apparently, the guy had a problem with us and went to security to complain that we were making too much noise! So the little security guy came over and stood there to watch us. I couldn't believe it...:eek:. Well I couldn't resist the temptation to asked security what the problem was. He was very nice and told me that there was a complaint but he didn't see a problem. He stood there just a few minutes longer then left. A few minutes later, one of our friends ran over to the pool and yelled "HEY GUYS THERE ARE LESBIANS IN THE POOL"!! A few of us jumped out of the pool yelling "OMG, WHERE!!" Needless to say, the couple left the area after that. Everyone in the whole area broke out in hysterical laughter even people who didnt' know us!! IT WAS THE BEST!! I just wanted to share that story to let you know that there may be idiots on every cruise, but you can still enjoy yourself.

Happy cruising!!

I sure wish we were going on a cruise next month! Where are you guys going? (Which ports?)

Our next cruise (planned, not booked yet) is going to be Egypt & Aegean-Round trip Rome with Princess. Hopefully in 2010 or early in 2011.

Who knows? But with this economy....maybe some good deals will come out of it!

We've never done a Princess cruise. Only two Carnival cruises. First one was out of Tampa on the Miracle. (7 day Western Caribbean during hurricane Wilma). We loved it! The second was last May on Carnival Spirit 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver BC. Loved that one too!

Have a great time on all of your adventures!

Kay & Cherie

Hi Kay & Cherie!

Sorry it took so long...I don't get as much time to come here anymore:(!

The two inaugural cruises are to nowhere! We will just sail for 3 days on one and 2 days on the other. I don't mind though...we will really get a chance to see the ship and all it has to offer. Besides, everything (including drinks) is FREE!! :p I'm really excited because on the first one (Ruby Princess) we will be sailing on Anita's birthday so we will get to celebrate on the ship! And the Solstice...well I don't know what to say because we've been wanting to see this ship since we first heard about her 2 years ago!

Now next year in May, we will sail on the Carnival Freedom. The ports are San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola & Nassau. This one is 8 days and should be pretty exciting! Hope you guys have fun on your Princess sailing!

My Partner and I just returned from a Western Med cruise on the Carnival Freedom. We have only taken 2 cruises both on Carnival so we have nothing to compare to. We chose this cruise for the itinerary and the price. We had a balcony which was great. The service, room etc all were great. My only negative feedback would be regarding the food. We kind of expected it to be a little better. It was prepared fine it just needed a little spice (everything tasted bland). The exception to that would be the supper club. For $30 each you get a 5 star meal. The desserts we good too. I would definately recommend Carnival but might try another line if the price is right.

We are also booked on this cruise. It will be our first Olivia Cruise. We are very excited....

Julie & Julie:)

We have done Olivia in the past and loved the trips. Look foward to meeting you. Where are you staying the night before the cruise?

ML