Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

There is a new lesbian cruise group called "Sweet" one of the founders is Flavia who used to be with Olivia. Also, Suzanne Westenhoefer left Olivia for Sweet. Still expensive but they are partnering with southwest for fare discounts and declare that there are no "hidden fees" The Olivia 2 for 1 still came out to $3,059 for a balcony after all the other fees were factored in. with airfare - it'd about $4000 + Our cabo trip is costing about $1500 with airfare. The choice was easy!

My 2 cents worth.......Just to get the facts straight. Flavia is not a Founder of Sweet. Shannon, one of the Founding partners used to work for Olivia though. I imagine Suzanne performs for them because her partner is an Executive VP for Sweet! Guess I might switch too, or face pressure at home!!

Olivia Partners with American for air deals.

Yes, Sweet seems cheaper but if you check out the ships I think you will find that the ones Olivia uses are normally priced higher as they are better ships. I've seen little difference in the % mark-up between the two companies.

Edited by Pussycat

This is a very old thread but I thought I would give it a try. My wife and I agree with the rest of you. Although we had our honeymoon on Olivia Caribian January 2006, we have not been able to afford another one since. It was an experience of a lifetime - no dobt - but who can afford it? So we discussed a straight cruise but my wife is worried that she wouldn't feel comfortable enough to be herself on a straight cruise. I agree with you all that if we could get an informal group of like minded lesbians together and pick a few cruises a year to "shoot for" that we could get the best of both worlds - great price of a straight cruise with companionship of other lesbians! If anyone is interested in "putting our heads together" about this, I would love to participate! By the way, my name is Mishelle and my wife's name is Sue. We are 49 and 45 with no children in the nest. We live in Nampa Idaho.

Currently are going to Cabo san Lucas 3-6-09 for 9 days. We rented a time share off Redweek for 7 days for $400. Couple cheap motels before & after, airfare and we're good to go! We are meeting up with another lesbian couple who have been married for 10 years and have a time share there. It's a little late but if anyone else wants to tag along, contact me and I can give you more details! mishellemccormick@hotmail.com

We've never been uncomfortable on any cruise we've taken. When I booked one of our cruises the reservation agent even asked if I wanted the beds together or separate. NCL has something called the Anniversary package and it includes being serenaded at the French restaurant and the servers sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart to us without blinking an eye.

Thanks for the scoop about Sweet! I think I "assumed" some things and I should know better! Ha!

about straight cruises, I agree that the majority of folks would not blink an eye but Sue grew up in the Morman Bible belt of Idaho and still thinks the rest of the world beieves the same way! But I'm still working on her! After all, I managed to switch her from Republican to Democrat!! ;-}

My partner and I cruise yearly and have never been on Olivia due to the cost. Never could justify spending that kind of money. I think it would be fun to find some like minded people to cruise with in the future. Anyone going to be on the Mariner of The Seas March 29, 2009 heading to the Mexican Riviera???

I agree, we have always cruised the mainstream and have never had a problem. In fact we have made a lot of straight friends. We would be interested in doing something with a group of people. It's not that we are opposed to Olivia or Sweet, it's just that their deals never seem to be at a time when we can do it.

Edited by 1sttimerEa

Let's throw out some ideas of places everyone would like to go to perhaps in 2010 so we can maybe come up with a plan of attack.

By the way my name is caron and my partners name is jane. we are 46 & 47 together 6 years. Would love to have some friends that are interested in cruising as we are. As I have said before we generally go yearly. We would like to go to Hawaii or the bahama's next year. But not sure how Hawaii would be on a cruise. Anyone else have any idea's?

Caron

:p

We would like to go to Hawaii or the bahama's next year. But not sure how Hawaii would be on a cruise. Anyone else have any idea's?

Caron :p

We did a Hawaii cruise in 2006 on the NCL Pride of Aloha. It was a great way to get an overview of all the islands. Now we would like to go back to Hawaii and just go either Kauai or the Big Island. The Big Island was my favorite.

As for a cruise we are looking at cruising on the Carnival Conquest in Jan 2010. We sailed on her in 2007 and loved it. It sails out of Galveston, We just love to cruise. We just got back from the Carnival Miracle this past Sunday!!!!

We're probably going to Bermuda on the NCL Spirit in 2010 for my partners birthday. We might take another cruise in 2010, maybe back to Europe, though NCL is doing year round Caribbean cruises out of Miami starting in 2010, so who knows. I would mind going back to Alaska, though. I've been flirting with the idea of taking NCL in 2011 to Hawaii.

My Partner Linda and I (Kim) are 50 & 44 and have been together 9 years. We are going on the NCL Spirit out of NOLA 11/15/09 if anyone is interested in that cruise. I would like to take at least one cruise every year and it would be fun to get a group together. We are interested in Alaska, Northern Europe, and the Caribbean. :)

ALL cruise ships and most people do not mind. I used to work for an on-line cruise mag and I personally know Anne Campbell, the founder of Cruise Critic. I can pesonally state that this is a non-issue. I only stumbled onto your link looking for mine. (I am 35 yr old married whittie that has been on 18 cruises since 1995 split between Celebrity, Princess, Royal caribbean and carnival).

Don't bother paying extra for whatever (I don't know what it is). Most cruise lines have separate meet and mingle times.

Have a grood cruise,

heather

My partner and I will be on the Freedom of the Seas western Caribbean cruise on February 15 (next week!). I figure on a ship of 3600 people, there are bound to be a few other LGBT people! Love to hear from any of you here.

My Partner Linda and I (Kim) are 50 & 44 and have been together 9 years. We are going on the NCL Spirit out of NOLA 11/15/09 if anyone is interested in that cruise. I would like to take at least one cruise every year and it would be fun to get a group together. We are interested in Alaska, Northern Europe, and the Caribbean. :)

We're doing the Spirit for my birthday. I've wanted to sail on her after I saw pictures of her unique decor. I'll try to let you know what she's like.

Edited by chrisbd1

My first cruise was on the Spirit a few years ago. I loved it. It is a different ship, but very nice. My partner and I splurged (it was our 10th ann) and got a suite. The service was awesome.

We also went on an Olivia cruise over Thanksgiving. It was a nice experience. Yes it is different than straight cruises. I agree with many the cost is very high. We can afford the cost of the cruise, but would rather not spend that kind of money. I say look for their 2 for 1 specials and try it once.

My first cruise was on the Spirit a few years ago. I loved it. It is a different ship, but very nice. My partner and I splurged (it was our 10th ann) and got a suite. The service was awesome.

We also went on an Olivia cruise over Thanksgiving. It was a nice experience. Yes it is different than straight cruises. I agree with many the cost is very high. We can afford the cost of the cruise, but would rather not spend that kind of money. I say look for their 2 for 1 specials and try it once.

We used a coupon for 2 for 1 once, but mostly have just paid the regular charge. We always get the Romance Package to get dinner at Le Bistro. I also lOVE Cagney's. I dream about that King-Cut Prime Rib. :)

We used a coupon for 2 for 1 once, but mostly have just paid the regular charge. We always get the Romance Package to get dinner at Le Bistro. I also lOVE Cagney's. I dream about that King-Cut Prime Rib. :)

Please let us know what you think of the Spirit. The reviews I've seen so far are good (it was recently refurbished). Both times we have cruised we happened to meet a gay couple on board and while all the straight people we met were great, if was more fun hanging out with "family". FYI, we went to the FOD gathering on board the Carnival Freedom and no one showed up. It's too bad there is not a role call tool for just the Gay/Lesbian thread.

Let's throw out some ideas of places everyone would like to go to perhaps in 2010 so we can maybe come up with a plan of attack.

By the way my name is caron and my partners name is jane. we are 46 & 47 together 6 years. Would love to have some friends that are interested in cruising as we are. As I have said before we generally go yearly. We would like to go to Hawaii or the bahama's next year. But not sure how Hawaii would be on a cruise. Anyone else have any idea's?

Caron

:p

Well we can let you know maybe what Hawaii is like, for my partner and I are going on Carnival for her 50th in late Sept of this year - 2009. It leaves Honolulu the 28th and we sail the islands, then sail back to Ensanada, MX, flying back to Mpls/StPaul from San Diego. I am WIlma and my partners name is Sarna - shes originally from Rolla, MO by the way

Hi all, my partner Anne & I (Vicci) are doing the northern europe cruise on 17th May this will be our first cruise. We live in the uk and the ship sails from london we thought this would be the easy option for our first time. Many of our friends who have done the 'Olivia' cruises enjoyed them but would rather be able to cruise more often on the straight cruises which are quite a bit less expensive. Anyone have any tips for us? To be honest I don't know if I'm excited or nervous!!

Hello All!

My partner and I are sailing the Carnival Legend on 3/22/09 to Western Caribbean. Would be great if we could meet up with other PLU's (people like us)(a phrase coined by me and my best friend in the 80's)(at least I think we coined it)!

Anyway, enough with the cryptic talk, we'd love to meet some other "family" on this cruise. Please let me know if you'll be there or if we're the only two!

Thanks in advance!

Sidney

Well we can let you know maybe what Hawaii is like, for my partner and I are going on Carnival for her 50th in late Sept of this year - 2009. It leaves Honolulu the 28th and we sail the islands, then sail back to Ensanada, MX, flying back to Mpls/StPaul from San Diego. I am WIlma and my partners name is Sarna - shes originally from Rolla, MO by the way

What a way to turn 50!!! Wish we could join you both sounds like a lot of fun. Share some photos when you go and tell me if you feel like you get to see enough of the islands. I have been to Hawaii a couple times on land tours but my partner never has....which I will never hear the end of if we don't go soon.

Caron

My partner and I just booked with Pied Piper gay group cruise on Celebrity's Infinity for February 14, 2010 Antarctica & S. America voyage. It's a year off but I'm super excited.

Any others joining us?

it looks fabulous and I wish we were joining you!!!Unfortunately we have a friends/family cruise in Jan and could not swing the extra time off so quickly!!I shall look for it in the future though!!

Mel

it looks fabulous and I wish we were joining you!!!Unfortunately we have a friends/family cruise in Jan and could not swing the extra time off so quickly!!I shall look for it in the future though!!

Mel

Ah, that's too bad. :(

Edited by Chicagogirlie

Please let us know what you think of the Spirit. The reviews I've seen so far are good (it was recently refurbished). Both times we have cruised we happened to meet a gay couple on board and while all the straight people we met were great, if was more fun hanging out with "family". FYI, we went to the FOD gathering on board the Carnival Freedom and no one showed up. It's too bad there is not a role call tool for just the Gay/Lesbian thread.

Will do. I'm so totally looking forward to this trip. I've seen a few places where people have posted their pictures and it looks so awesome.