Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

:)Hi All,Well im going on my 5th cruise again!! I can't wait!!! Anyone going on the "Freedom of the Seas" May 24th,2009?? Im going with my girl and some friends also.Our friends that are all going with us have never been on a cruise before.This should be so very interesting and lots of fun!!!!

Has anyone ever done the western caribbean before?? We want to go on some of the excursions but not sure to which ones,- maybe go swim with the dolphins,parasailing,etc.Any suggestions??

:)Hi All,Well im going on my 5th cruise again!! I can't wait!!! Anyone going on the "Freedom of the Seas" May 24th,2009?? Im going with my girl and some friends also.Our friends that are all going with us have never been on a cruise before.This should be so very interesting and lots of fun!!!!

Has anyone ever done the western caribbean before?? We want to go on some of the excursions but not sure to which ones,- maybe go swim with the dolphins,parasailing,etc.Any suggestions??

Hi there!

When I orginally looked at this post I got so excited because I thought you were joining us on the Carnival Freedom on May 23, 2009. Then I realized that you were talking about a different ship...DARN!! :o LOL.

Anyway, enjoy yourselves. My partner and I are going on our 5th cruise together and we can't wait!!

Take care all and happy cruising!

Angel :)

We're going on our 6th cruise but this next one is the first time we're doing the Western Caribbean too. We're looking at ruins, hanging on the beach and maybe horseback riding.

If you'll be in Grand Cayman, I'd say swimming with the Sting Rays. Dolphin swims are available in lots of ports (Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean, etc.), but there are limited ports with Sting Ray swims.

Hope you have a great time. I'm interested in your experience on a large ship like the "Freedom". She sounds wonderful and I'm anxious to try her (or a similiar ship) in the future.

Vicki

Our first cruise together was the Western Cribbean in 2005. As far as the shore excursions, we went swimming on a beach in Cozumel the shopping. each ok - a bit crowded, but nice and relaxing. Also did an excursion to Belize, another beach trip where some of our party went snorkling but we just tethered and swam around the boat in the middle of the Caribbean - what a fun time. The hightlight was, and I would recommend this to anyone, is if you can go to Rotaan. We toured a park there where some people were "zip stripping" (I think thats the term). Toward the end, we played with the birds and MONKEYS !!!! They were so cute. It actually was the highlight of our trip.

Have fun. The Caribbean is beautiful !

We are always on 'mainstream' straight cruises and have never had a problem! We love to travel and love to meet people and never had a problem with people accepting us. In fact we made some wonderful "straight " friends on our Alaska cruise last summer and they came to stay with us for the New Years and we will be visiting them in April in Florida!!

Enjoy

Mel n Melissa

My partner of 12 years and I always book mainstream cruises. Carnival, Royal Caribbean & Princess. We have never had a bad experience. We are taking an all inclusive cruise on the Carnival Inspiration in October. It includes all the alcohol as well. It is more than I have ever paid for a 4 day cruise but after comparing my bar bill on my cruises it was well worth it. Just returned from the Glory and had a great time. Our next one after the Inspiration will be on Royal's Freedom from Pt. Canaveral. We live right here in Orlando so it is an easy port for us. I would love to try Olivia but like most people think we can cruise several times vs. once on Olivia.

Edited by cruise-girl

My partner of 12 years and I always book mainstream cruises. Carnival, Royal Caribbean & Princess. We have never had a bad experience. We are taking an all inclusive cruise on the Carnival Inspiration in October. It includes all the alcohol as well. It is more than I have ever paid for a 4 day cruise but after comparing my bar bill on my cruises it was well worth it. Just returned from the Glory and had a great time. Our next one after the Inspiration will be on Royal's Freedom from Pt. Canaveral. We live right here in Orlando so it is an easy port for us. I would love to try Olivia but like most people think we can cruise several times vs. once on Olivia.

My partner (of 3 years) and I love cruising as well. We have never been on an Olivia cruise because we agree with the fact that we can cruise several times vs. once on Oliva.

We cruised 4 times last year and we are already booked on two this year (hoping for 3)! We have never had any problems on any cruise line and we have sailed on Carnival, Princess & Celebrity. I think people are realizing more and more that we are just like everyone else...we love to have a good time! :p

Personally, we like been around ALL types of people. Although it's nice to be around "family" sometimes, it's not necessary to be around them exclusively. I guess we look at it like we wouldn't want to live in a world with only one type of people, so why cruise that way?! Being a black lesbian couple, we find ourselves being the minority most of the time anyway. But it's okay because we love meeting all types of new people.

Okay, I'm off my soap box now...LOL! Enjoy the rest of the day and happy cruising everyone!

My partner (of 3 years) and I love cruising as well. We have never been on an Olivia cruise because we agree with the fact that we can cruise several times vs. once on Oliva.

We cruised 4 times last year and we are already booked on two this year (hoping for 3)! We have never had any problems on any cruise line and we have sailed on Carnival, Princess & Celebrity. I think people are realizing more and more that we are just like everyone else...we love to have a good time! :p

Personally, we like been around ALL types of people. Although it's nice to be around "family" sometimes, it's not necessary to be around them exclusively. I guess we look at it like we wouldn't want to live in a world with only one type of people, so why cruise that way?! Being a black lesbian couple, we find ourselves being the minority most of the time anyway. But it's okay because we love meeting all types of new people.

Okay, I'm off my soap box now...LOL! Enjoy the rest of the day and happy cruising everyone!

Well said. I agree with you. We love to cruise. We have traveled with Olivia five times, the last being in Nov 08. It is a very unique experience, but there is a premium to pay for it.

ML

Angelsbaby1,

Hi, thanks for posting the pics they are beautiful. The Solstice is a great ship. We've cruised on Carnival only, we do a group trip each year so this year will be our 3rd together and 1st with a new group that we are trying.

It's nice to see other ladies that are cruising.

Well, I wish you all luck and years.

Angelsbaby? Where are you guys from?

Hello Soshadey1,

I am orginally from Chicago. My partner (AnitaMarie) is originally from Detroit. We live in Fort Lauderdale now...and we really LOVE it here!

We are pretty much Carnival girls ourselves although we've been on Princess and Celebrity as well. I did like Princess though...maybe because we celebrated Anita's birthday on the ship in November!

Can't wait til our Carnival Freedom cruise in May!

Have a great evening and happy cruising all.

Hi there. My partner and I are staying overnight in in Fort Lauderdale on 05/02/09 prior to our Valor 05/03/09 cruise. Is there a nice gay friendly jazz club in Fort Lauderdale? Also, I would love to have my partner receive a massage in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise, do you know of any gay friendly places that have outcalls. I'm talking strictly about massage. Thanks for your help, Karen.

Actually I am from Chgo, my mate lives in DC. We met on our first cruise. We've been doing this long distance thing for 1 1/2 years but it works. Chgo weather is as you remember, COLD. FLL weather is great to me. I'm sure you all do not miss the weather in this area.

Hi there. My partner and I are staying overnight in in Fort Lauderdale on 05/02/09 prior to our Valor 05/03/09 cruise. Is there a nice gay friendly jazz club in Fort Lauderdale? Also, I would love to have my partner receive a massage in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise, do you know of any gay friendly places that have outcalls. I'm talking strictly about massage. Thanks for your help, Karen.

Hi there Karen,

I have been living here in Fort Lauderdale for almost two years and I talked to my partner (Anita) who has been here for 5 years, and we have never seen a jazz spot in this area. We live in a predominately gay area and there are all types of bars, clubs, dance spots and stores, but not one jazz club! :confused:

As far as the massage, I don't know of any place off hand but I have Anita on the job! She'll find something for you in the area before your cruise in May. Hope this helps.

P.S. The Carnival Valor is a beautiful ship! We cruise on her last year (our first cruise together) and we LOVED it! Enjoy yourselves!

Edited by angelsbaby1
Oops...forgot something!

This is a very old thread but I thought I would give it a try. My wife and I agree with the rest of you. Although we had our honeymoon on Olivia Caribian January 2006, we have not been able to afford another one since. It was an experience of a lifetime - no dobt - but who can afford it? So we discussed a straight cruise but my wife is worried that she wouldn't feel comfortable enough to be herself on a straight cruise. I agree with you all that if we could get an informal group of like minded lesbians together and pick a few cruises a year to "shoot for" that we could get the best of both worlds - great price of a straight cruise with companionship of other lesbians! If anyone is interested in "putting our heads together" about this, I would love to participate! By the way, my name is Mishelle and my wife's name is Sue. We are 49 and 45 with no children in the nest. We live in Nampa Idaho.

Currently are going to Cabo san Lucas 3-6-09 for 9 days. We rented a time share off Redweek for 7 days for $400. Couple cheap motels before & after, airfare and we're good to go! We are meeting up with another lesbian couple who have been married for 10 years and have a time share there. It's a little late but if anyone else wants to tag along, contact me and I can give you more details! mishellemccormick@hotmail.com

I have never been on an Olivia cruise although my wife and I really like to cruise. If not for the expense we would like to try it, and we may one day. However, I LOVE the idea of cruising with a group of "sisters" on a non-Olivia cruise. Cruisecritic even has a member cruise board where members can organize cruises for groups! Any Takers???

My partner (43) and I (45) have participated in a lesbian group cruise for the last 2 years on CCL. We had a good size group of about 20-25 couples. We usually cruise around Memorial day each year (fewer kids). We have always felt comfortable, never a bad look or comment that we noticed. :p This year we are going it alone for the first time (on CCL). We can't wait, we also have another cruise planned for the end of the year (short 3 day on Ruby Princess) but we would be open to a group cruise next year.

Smooth Sailing :cool:

AnitaMarie

Edited by angelsbaby1

I just stumbled across your thread. I love that there are so many other lesbian couples addicted to cruising too!

My partner and I are Heather (me)31 and Mel 32 years old. live in NYC. We have been together for 10 years this May and were married last summer in Canada while on an RFamily cruise.

We have been addicted to cruises since 2001 and have been on 8 since then. Our favorite is Princess. I don't know if anyone has mentioned before but they have friends of dorothy get togethers on board. We have met several couples that way. We have also cruised on NCL and Carnival.

Anyway, hopefully we will make new cruising friends here. Anyone going on the Island Princess 10/31/09? Anyone already been on the Island?

Talk to you soon,

Heather