Airfare to Tahiti

jazzmom0710

Getting back to your orig query, "Airfare to Tahiti", a few months back we booked a non-stop JFK/PPT and it was 1350 pp.

Wheter this is a bad or good price it's a non-stop. and all the way from the east coast, thats the go'n rate.This is on ATN by the way. It sure beats take'n a train !

CIAO,

Connie,

I leave for Tahiti in 5 weeks. We are doing a pre-cruise and staying at the Intercontinental. Also I have booked an owners suite this time (kids are gone plus we deserve it). If that's not too late I can let you know how it was.

I also booked air through Princess and paid the deviation fee. Paid a little more to upgrade air class but my hubby and I go on one big trip an year so we splurge.

Happy Cruizin:)

Andrea

• 2 months later...
What was your secret for getting a discount rate at the Sheraton in Moorea? The rate we have booked at the Sheraton in Moorea (OWB) for the end of August (before the 9/1 cruise) is $605/night, plus taxes. That's the best we could find. What time of year did you go?

How did you like the Sheraton? Any tips about the hotel or the area?

CSloan, Sorry for the delayed reply. We had a baby last fall and are suddenly much busier these days, so I've not been on the boards that often.

Regarding the Sheraton, I am a Starwood member (Gold maybe?) and kept checking the Starwood specials and found the discounted rate after a lot of trying. We were there in early February in 2005. The OWB is definitely worth the cost. We went early (noon) and got into our room early and stayed until the last minute to check out. The Sheraton in Moorea was awesome. The Sheraton in Papeete was very average. Our room smelled musty (but maybe it's the tropics). I'd stay at the Intercontinental in Papeete if I had to do it again. It would be worth the extra expense.

Have a great trip!

Hi Everyone:

Hoping you can help. I booked Princess air for Tahiti 04/08. I live on the east coast and from what I understand, Princess will probably send us to lax then lax to tahiti. We are flying in 4 days early for a prestay booked thru princess. In two more months, I should be able to get a price on a direct flight from JFK New York. If I find one that's reasonable, how do I do the deviation thing? Do I get the flight number and then call princess, they book the flight and I pay the deviation fee to them? Usually I book my own flights so this is new to me. Thanks for your help.

CSloan, Sorry for the delayed reply. We had a baby last fall and are suddenly much busier these days, so I've not been on the boards that often.

Regarding the Sheraton, I am a Starwood member (Gold maybe?) and kept checking the Starwood specials and found the discounted rate after a lot of trying. We were there in early February in 2005. The OWB is definitely worth the cost. We went early (noon) and got into our room early and stayed until the last minute to check out. The Sheraton in Moorea was awesome. The Sheraton in Papeete was very average. Our room smelled musty (but maybe it's the tropics). I'd stay at the Intercontinental in Papeete if I had to do it again. It would be worth the extra expense.

Have a great trip!

Sounds like you have your hands full! Congratulations!

Thanks for the info. I've always wanted to stay in an OWB and this sounds perfect.

Hi Everyone:

Hoping you can help. I booked Princess air for Tahiti 04/08. I live on the east coast and from what I understand, Princess will probably send us to lax then lax to tahiti. We are flying in 4 days early for a prestay booked thru princess. In two more months, I should be able to get a price on a direct flight from JFK New York. If I find one that's reasonable, how do I do the deviation thing? Do I get the flight number and then call princess, they book the flight and I pay the deviation fee to them? Usually I book my own flights so this is new to me. Thanks for your help.

If you find a flight that's cheaper than Princess, can't you book that and not do Princess air? If you do the deviation with Princess, you can tell them the flights you want, but will have to pay the deviation fee- which, in some cases, may be worth it!

IC Tahiti is great -- we have lots of amazing pictures from our time in the OWB there at the beginning of this album (and lots of other pictures from the TP in the rest of it!)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=2gxfuvhn.a8ol0b17&Uy=-5ccdt8&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

We booked our airfare (from Boston) through Princess -- it was $1279 p/p plus a $75 p/p deviation fee, which was still much cheaper than I ever saw the airfare in the months that I watched it.

I also booked air through Princess and paid the deviation fee. Paid a little more to upgrade air class but my hubby and I go on one big trip an year so we splurge.

Happy Cruizin:)

Andrea

How much was the little more that Princess charged for the the upgrade ?

Archived