Private Tour For Ocho Rios??

jerseygirl45

Hi Jersey girl, I have not been to ocho rios yet. However, I have heard lots of great reviews about Phil Lafayette. His website is http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com/ I heard that he is just fantastic, and that he will accomodate you and change your tour to your liking. After reading all the great reviews about him, I am actually booked with him for our upcoming march cruise.

Marva's website is knowjamaica.com. I am tmmull's dw and we both adore her.

After touring with her last summer, we became friends and stay in touch. She called yesterday. Her computer has had a few problems and is getting fixed today. If you look at her website and our pictures and like what you see, send her an email. She will get back to you as soon as she can. If you call her, she always has her cell phone handy. :)

We used Mark Morris last March and were so impressed that we have already booked with him again for this year. He is intelligent and so friendly. He loves Jamaica and will immediately put you at ease. I highly recommend him. His website is markstours.com.

Eveyone that knows Jamaica has their own prefernce in drivers. I highly recommend that you use JUTA drivers (IMHO)

My friend for years is Chris Wilson and his father, Andy Wilson.

They do not have their own website, but you can see them on www.myvillajamaica.com

You can also email them at WilsonTours@yahoo.com or call 876-366-1607.

They will customize your tour and can accommodate any number of people. They have 2 buses and a car. Give them a call.

I second the vote for Trevor. My Mom and I went with him, and told him we were not really interested in shopping. So when we had made some stops, he made sure the vendors knew we were not interested.

We felt totally safe with him.

JoAnn

We toured with "Marvelous Marva" on Jan. 19 (2007) and we were very impressed! Marva was thoughtful, making every attempt to meet our needs and then some! She educated us on the history and local customs of her country and we felt safe as we toured Ocho Rios. We HIGHLY recommend her as a tour guide!! She took us to Dunns River Falls and the White River Tubing adventure as well as a side stop to taste Sugar Cane! She was easy to find, always there to meet us, and advised us when to avoid the persistent vendors and where it was safe to shop. She is a licensed tour operator and a safe driver. We would definitly use her again should our travels take us back to Jamaica!!

We just returned from a cruise and we toured with "Marvelous Marva" on Jan. 19 (2007). Marva was awesome! She was so thoughtful. Always seeking to meet our every need. She took us to Dunn's River Falls and the White River Tubing adventure. Along the way, she gave us lots of informative details about Jamaica including history and local lore. She is a licensed tour guide and a safe driver. We enjoyed her company and would choose her again should our travels take us back to Jamaica!

Hi there,

I would highly recommend Mark Morris for your tour of Ocho Rios!!! He was at the port when we arrived, took us to Dunns River Falls, river tubing, shopping, and to Fern Gulley....all for $55.00. He was incredible. He is a very nice man who definitely loves his country, and wants you to see how beautiful his country is. His website is markstours.com Please tell him that Judy and Mike from Canada say hello!

We used Phil Lafayette last week. He was great. There was a light rain when we docked and he met us at the pier with umbrellas and walked us to his van which was very nice. He said that morning rain was quite common and that it would clear quickly and it did. He took us to Dunns River Falls and was waiting for us when we finished our climb. He also took us tubing and shopping. Afterwards he drove through Fern Gully and up a steep climb where we got out to take photos of the ship below. He dropped us at a shopping area right by the port, but gave us the option of being dropped directly at the pier. He was very friendly and entertaining and gave us a good tour of Ocho Rios.

We just retuned from Jamaica and used Marva. We did DRFalls and river rafting. We, (4) are in our 60's and had a wonderful time. We decided not to go to the beach, and went shopping instead. Then right to the pier. Ate with marva at a typical Jamaican roadside restaurant and I think we all agree it was about the best tour on our cruise. DO NOT hesitate to use her unless you are going April 11th, we have her booked for that date... Loved her.

I emailed Phil Lafayette, but got no response. I can't use Marva's website because I am on stinking dial up and it's a big site. Can anyone please put Marva's contact information (IE EMAIL) on this thread or email me privately with it, so I can contact her?

My dh and I want to do the Ocho Rios, Highlights tour with our son and we are thinking private is the way to go. It's so much less expensive that way as far as I can see.

Thanks,

Trace:D

We used Phil for the second time this Jan. He does not disappoint.Very personable, knowledgeable and accomodating. He is prompt with his emails so I would try him again.He works under the umbrella of JUTA so you are protected by the larger company.

Trace, here's the info from Marva's web page.

Be sure to use our services while you vacation here in Jamaica. We provide an A1 service for passengers on the Cruise Ships, we also arrange Airport Transfers, and we pick up at all major hotels.

We will customize a tour to suit your needs, at very competitive rates.

E-mail knowjam@yahoo.com

Mobile E-mail

18768473404@digitextjm.com

18768594739@digitextjm.com

Box 61, Oracabessa P.O., St. Mary

Tel: 876-726-0361, 876-859-4739

If you include your phone number she'll probably call you back.

P.S. Tell her Tom, Barbara and Tommy from Virginia sent you!

I vote for Ionie and Lewis McBeam! We had a wonderful time with them. We managed to leave a couple of things in the van, and Lewis waited for us (we went back to the ship to drop off things) in the parking lot. He knew we were going to go over to the Island Village complex, so he hung around to give us back our things. I thought that was really nice!

I emailed Ionie and told her what we wanted to do, and she planned our morning for us. We loved every minute of it!

http://www.ocho-rios.com

Nobody has mentioned it yet, so may I be so bold as to recommend Caroline and Erroll Barrett. http://www.barrettadventures.com/ We used them on our visit a couple of years ago and had a great day. They will tailor the day to your liking, and offer trips to some areas many of the companies don't go.

Archived