Barbados on Good Friday?

emma06

I agree that cabs will not be a problem.. However, everything else will be shut tights as a drum. I remember the first Good Friday I lived in Barbados and I was amazed at how silent the island was. Seemed as those nothing and noone was moving or doing anything.

Now that was 15 years ago, and things have changed, but unless you are going to the normal "tourist attractions" don't expect to find much open for business.. that includes restaurants etc.

Are you just in for the day?? or are you transfering from a ship to a resort?? or just trying to find a nice beach to relax on for the day??

Enjoy your stay.

Sunniebgi - thanks for the info. We'll just be there for the day. I figured if we could find a nice resort with good facilities, my parents can be comfortable (dad is disabled) while my daughter and husband do some water stuff (while I just sun!) I am also hoping that the better resorts will have more accessible facilities. (restaurants, etc.) We are willing to pay whatever for a day pass. Its my parents 50th and I'm determined to make it good! Any suggestions??

My family and I will be in Barbados on Good Friday as well. I have been e-mailing Stephen from Thriller Ocean Tours. The last e-mail he sent me stated that there would not be a problem finding transportation to his boat But, everything else in Bridgetown will be closed due to it being a holiday there. I was looking forward to trying a flying fish sandwich at the Waterfront Cafe but I am assuming that it will be closed also. I found some information on a festival held in Oistins on Good Friday. It has many locals cooking up fresh fish as Oistins is a fishing town. Here is the link to that info http://www.travel2thecaribbean.com/OistinsFishFestivalBarbados.html

I have decided to do the Thriller Tour. Here is the information Stephen sent me as of 1-21-07

Thriller Ocean Tours

Our Turtle and Ship Wreck tour is 3 1/2 hours long, we take you along our islands golden coastline to the Turtle Cove where you can snorkel with the endangered sea turtles and watch as they are fed. From there, we then make our way south to the Historic Carlisle Bay which has crystal clear water and wonderful white sand. This snorkel spot is intriguing as you can snorkel over 2 large sunken ship wrecks with schools of colorful tropical fish. Then it’s off to your 3rd stop at one of Barbados most beautiful beaches.

Snorkeling gear, snacks, refreshments soft, beer and rum punch are included. The tour is $50.00 U.S. per adult and $35.00 U.S for Children 12 years and under.

We now offer an additional NEW Snorkel stop on this tour our "Coral Reef Snorkel"

Directions to our boats Gunner Too & Thrill Seeker:

• <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: blue; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">As you exit the cruise terminal, ask for the Bridgetown shuttle which cost only $2.00 U.S. per person <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: blue; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">This will take you to Broad Street, which is the main street of Bridgetown our Capital, there are many stores if you need to do some shopping.
  • We need you to be at the boat 15 minutes before scheduled departure, the boat is located in the Careenage in the center of Bridgetown, opposite the Parliament Buildings. Take a short walk across the bridge with the arch and we are on the right by the popular Waterfront Café.

• 1 month later...

The Saturday between Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday will be very busy all over Barbados. As nothing is open on Friday, Sunday or Monday that weekend, Saturday will be filled with people getting groceries and stocking up for the next 2 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived