Have you done any of thesr RCL excursions?

Jamaica- Shaw Park Beach, Jamaica wonders past & present(firefly and Coyaba)

Grand Bahama Island-Tranquility Shores Beach Day, Lucayan park kayak and beach experience, biking,botanical gardens,seaside lunch tour or G. Bahama Isl.highlights, shopping , beach.

Grand Cayman- seven mile beach break,turtle farm and colony beach,south shore tour, or any RCL Grand Cayman tours:)

In Freeport we did the Lucayan Natl park kayak & beach experience. It is one of the few ship excursions on which I feel you get your money's worth. The kayaking was easy paddling thru mangroves, and the beach (Gold Rock Beach) is one of the most beautiful you will ever see anywhere & it will be nearly deserted. It is difficult to get to on your own since it is about a 40 min drive from the port, but this excursion makes it easy. I recommend it to anyone.

Sorry I have no experience with any of the other excursions you mentioned.

In the Caymans,we have done the Cheeseburger Reef snorkle.It was fine,very well run,not too many people.If you want to stick with ship excursions,this snorkle is relativley inexpensive,and safe.

This year we are doing the Stingray swim & snorkle through Nativeway.30pp..I feel very comfortable with them,as they are highly recommended.

Last year some in our party did the RCI 7 mile beach,and we a little dissapointed.No bang for your buck.Only 18pp ,but nothing is included (like in Cozumel drinks etc) and they were dissapointed with the beach facilities.It seems it is wiser to do 7 mile on your own,take a cab to the Marriott or other resort.

Yeah, we have heard great things about them,and Captain Marvins as well.

We are bringing out then almost 5 yo..pretty good swimmer..Just wondering if there were kids with you,and how did they react.Mine is ready to go...I have just heard it can be a bit intimidating?

We've been to GC twice...

One time we did the Nautilus & reef snorkel (which goes to Cheeseburger reef) it was really good, especially for my wife who doesn't snorkel - she got to watch the rest of us from the underwater viewing ports. BTW, in case you wondered - it got the name Cheeseburger Reef because when you get out to it & turn around you can see the Burger King.

The other time we did a Stingray City tour, i forget who it was with, but we got it from RCI, and it was very good. Even my wife was willing to get into the water with the sting rays.

I have done the Lucayan Natl park kayak & beach experience and consider it the best ships excursion we have ever done. Kayaking, hiking, and swimming on a deserted beach. Personable guide with small group.

Brn2cruz:

There were 13 in our party, ranging in age from a petite 8yo to an almost 70yo. My 11yo son is special needs (ADHD, globally developmentally delayed... about half his age), and the word "stingray" itself was making him very anxious. Surprise! DS LOVED the stingrays the best! 14yo DD, and tough guy 12yo nephew got in the water, but were skeeved by the stingrays swimming freely past their legs :eek: WE got tons of underwater pix... still have to get them developed!

We told Sheldon from Nativeways that some in our party weren/t very good swimmers, and he and Michael made sure we docked in shallow waters. Lifejackets are available if you wish as well.

I think every individual is different! Show your little one some pictures. If you stop in Key West, go to the aquarium at Mallory Square to see the stingrays up-close (among other things)... although you can't touch them there.

Hopefully, you'll be pleasantly surprised like we were by the whole experience!

;)

A

Archived