Fort Lauderdale to Miami

jkrav

I am in a very similar situation, just the other way around.

If it is only two of you, then you might be better taking some kind of shuttle.

I got a quote online for USD18 per person, with Airport Express (floridalimo.com), and said it should take 1 hour and 15 minutes (I guess with pickups, traffic, and all that).

Anyone ever flown into Fort Lauderdale and driven to Miami's port? Just wondering if its far/expensive. Please let me know, thanks!

It's not worth the trouble, just take a taxi from Fort Lauderdale to the port in Miami which should cost $75 - $80 regardless of the number of people in the taxi. Just grab your luggage, get in a taxi and you will be at the pier in Miami in about an hour, probably less, depending on traffic. If you rent a car you will first have to tak the shuttle to the rental car lot, fill out papers, check out your car, drive to Miami, gas up the car, return the car, take a shuttle to the pier. It hardly seems worht the hassle for the few dollars you might save. In addition, many rental car companies will require you to return the car to the Miami airport as they have no facility at the port of Miami.

Alright thanks, there might be 8 of us so splitting should be easy. Sorry i didnt clarify but i was asking about shuttles/taxis so thank you all for the good advice! FLL Is so much cheaper to fly into then Miami and other florida airports so i wanted to make sure it would be worth it to taxi there. thanks!

Archived