eastern carb. excursions

len3399

I am going on the navigator on the 24th of feb,. to st. marteen, st. thomas, san juan, and the bahamas, what are the best excursions for these ports? We like the water, no shopping or sightseeing on a bus!:)

First of all, you will love the Navigator, she is an awesome ship. We love it ! Anyway, in St Thomas, I would recommend heading over toi St John and go to Trunk Bay for snorkeling. Its very nice and clean ! If you want to stay on St Thomas, then you could try Megans Bay. Its very nice, but usually crowded. When on St Maarten, you might want to try Orient Beach. Its very nice and they have parasailing and waverunners there too. Be advised you will see some topless women, so if nudity offends you, I would stay away.

We just got back on Sunday from Eastern Route. If you are going to Nassau, do the Seahorse Sail and Snorkel. It was amazing. The snorkeling was beautiful and the run punches afterwards were delicious!!! We did the Afternoon Beach Break in St. Maarten after shopping downtown in the morning on our own. It took us to Orient Bay, and provides you with a beach chair and unlimited punch. I am convinced the punch had NOOOO rum in it...If you want to go to Orient Bay, you can just go on your own. In San Juan, we took the ferry from pier 2 for 1 dollar round trip to Catano and a 4 dollar cab ride from there to the Bacardi Factory where they do a free tour every half hour that offers two free drinks. This was fun and easy to do on your own. In St. thomas, we went to Trunk Bay on our own. This was great and I recommend going there. If you do on your own, leave lots of travel time back and forth, and check the ferry schedule before you leave. Have fun!

The America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten is one of the top rated excursions in the Caribbean. Each person becomes part of the crew and has a job to do from grinders, to winch wench (that would be me!) to timekeeper, to barkeeper. You get to race against passengers crewing another boat. We were lucky enough to draw the Stars and Stripes, and beat True North! When the race was over, I was honored to be able to be at the helm as we brought the boat back into the harbor.

Check out my photos for an idea of the great time we had.

when we went four years ago we went on the submarine excursion in st thomas and it was lots of fun. And by the way i've heard that gordon is the CD for the navigator and we had him 4 years ago and he is awesome. have fun

The America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten is one of the top rated excursions in the Caribbean. Each person becomes part of the crew and has a job to do from grinders, to winch wench (that would be me!) to timekeeper, to barkeeper. You get to race against passengers crewing another boat. We were lucky enough to draw the Stars and Stripes, and beat True North! When the race was over, I was honored to be able to be at the helm as we brought the boat back into the harbor.

Yeah, well, we were on True North and beat Stars & Stripes, so there!:p I agree that this excursion is a blast! Although they prefer that everybody perform a task, if you're physically limited, they do have positions like bartender, timekeeper and iceberg lookout (really!) so you don't have to over-exert yourself. But it is an exhilarating experience, and if we have another cruise that stops in St. Maarten, we'll probably do it again!

On St. Thomas, we booked with Captain Bobby's Rumbaba charter for a sail to St. John's and snorkelling there. Rumbaba only holds 6 passengers. We had 4 and it was just perfect! The snorkelling on St. John's is amazing, the lunch that's provided on the all day tour is fantastic, and Captain Bobby and Karen are the consummate hosts - I highly recommend it!

Archived