1st timer's questions for Volendam

Susiebell2

I need to try and organize my day. How much time does it take to get off the ship at the various ports? Are there lines?

What is the average wait time to initially board the ship in Vancouver, and then the average time to exit it at the end of the cruise?

Also, what is a "Set Sail Pass" that was mentioned on this board & how do I get one?

Thanks!

I need to try and organize my day. How much time does it take to get off the ship at the various ports? Are there lines?

What is the average wait time to initially board the ship in Vancouver, and then the average time to exit it at the end of the cruise?

Also, what is a "Set Sail Pass" that was mentioned on this board & how do I get one?

Thanks!

Was on the Volendam in September, 06. Can't tell you what the "average" time for embarking and disembarking but we arrived around 12:30 at Canada Place. Got in line and waiting less than 5 minutes before starting the boarding process (which is where you get the Set Sail Pass - a combination room/charge card). We were on board around 15 minutes after getting out of the taxi. It really helps if you have already completed and printed out the online paperwork.

We always waited a few minutes at each port when disembarkation started and was able to walk right off. And for disembarkation at the end of the cruise, it depends on what your "color" pass is - but you're able to stay in your room so it's much more pleasant than some other lines!

Archived