Easter Baskets available on board?

nvj811

We are sailing on the Star in April, departing the day before Easter with 2 families and 4 kids. Does anyone know if they sell pre-made Easter baskets on board? Or any other suggestions as we are traveling from California and don't really want to lug them all that way. Thanks! :)

We have sailed over Easter before, but never seen anything like that for sail onboard. I would either make a stop at the port, or figure a way to pack them in your luggage. Otherwise, your littles ones are going to be very disappointed that the Easter Bunny couldn't swim. ;)

We sailed over Easter last year (RCCL, not Princess). I couldn't figure out how to pack two baskets. Then I came up with the idea of gift bags. You can find some adorable ones for Easter. I also packed some Easter grass and some things to put in them. On Easter, I conveniently forgot my camera in the cabin and HAD to go back while hubby and the girls sat down to lunch. I raced back to the cabin and made up the 'baskets'. I also trailed some jelly beans from the door to the bed (yeah, all 5 feet, LOL). When we got back to the room after lunch, my girls went nuts! They kept saying they didn't know the Easter Bunny could swim.

nvj811,

We're also sailing on the 4/7 Star voyage. My two DSis's, DBILs & 2 DNs are also on board. We have a roll call going. Come over and join in. We've done this cruise before and the Easter Bunny came VERY early in the morning before we left. OR maybe the EB can come to your house early as he finds out (somehow - like a letter?) that you'll be away . . . .

We sailed The Norway on Easter break in 2003, 5 weeks before she had the boiler explosion.

When we embarked there was a crew member in a head to toe Bunny suit passing out easter baskets to the kids.

Very nice touch and a cute memory.

We are sailing on the Star in April, departing the day before Easter with 2 families and 4 kids. Does anyone know if they sell pre-made Easter baskets on board? Or any other suggestions as we are traveling from California and don't really want to lug them all that way. Thanks! :)

If you ask the Easter Bunny nicely, he'll deliver the baskets for you!

Last April we were on the Dawn during Easter. The head chef and assistants put on a display of over 20 huge decorated chocolate Easter eggs plus hundreds of little eggs in the Atrium. After the photo ops around noon time, the display disappeared about mid afternoon. I assumed that they were given to the children on board.

Archived