Ultimate Balcony Dining

H20 Lover

We usually get Room Service for breakfast every morning. I was wondering if anyone has done the Ultimate Balcony Dining for $25 and was it worth it?

Did you pick the time or did they just show up?

Any details, please share good and bad. I'm considering doing this as a bday surprise for my Brian.

Thanks so much!

Yes, we did it on the CB last year. They have a set type of menu that they offer and I told them my hubby would not eat any of the fish that was listed. He is a bacon and eggs kind of guy. They said no problem and left us a menu. We ordered all kinds of stuff hot and cold and they brought all of that plus the stuff from the original breakfast. We had food everywhere.It was so funny. You can pick the time and they bring and leave you alone. I thought it was really worth it and may do it again this time on the TP. Make sure you put that he has a birthday on the personalizer of the Princess Website and they will put balloons on your door. We did not do the dinner but I have heard that was great.

Have fun and enjoy. There is a menu for that breakfast but I cannot remember where it is so maybe someone else will show you.

Thanks Cathy! When you ordered it, did you do it before your cruise using the form? Or is there an online ordering way? Or did you do it while you were on the cruise? I think I'll go for it. I have him scheduled for a massage our first day and I was wondering if I could time the breakfast after that, but maybe that'd be pushing it.

The balcony breakfast is pretty nice. We actually did it twice on the Grand. DW had booked us for one ahead of time, and when we got on board we found out our Travel Agency had also booked us for one!

We could choose the times. We scheduled one for a port day, fairly early, and the other for a sea day, moderately late. They arrived promptly and were very nice. The server brings it all in, but does not stay to serve it. We had the split of champagne, and ordered cranberry and orange juice to make champagne sunrises. There was nice assorted fruit and pastries, a beautiful plate with crab quiche and crab legs, and a huge plate of smoked salmon, bagels, capers, lemon, all the trimmings. It was a delight!

The second day it was windy and rough, so we ate in the cabin instead of out on the balcony but it was still nice. You can see a picture at

The Halls Western Caribbean Cruise

Have a GREAT cruise!

The champagne was included the three times we have had it - we think the breakfast is one of the best values (shhhh) on Princess. Any time we ordered it - on Sapphire and Dawn - there were only certain days it was available. Twice it was too cold to eat on the balcony. It would be nice if all ships would give you a choice of days. I'd love to have it for our anniversary next month. Nancy

The particular one I'm looking at doesn't mention Champagne. So I'm guessing you said, throw in a bottle of Champagne as well? Hmm, that might be nice too with a little OJ splash.

I believe that for breakfast, you get half a bottle of Champagne. I don't know whether they drink the first half or you get a smaller bottle.

That cracked me up!

So how do I order this?

Breakfast Lunch Dinner

Ultimate Balcony DiningSpecialty7:00AM

to

11:00AM

selected sea daysN/A5:30PM

to

10:00PMNominal Charge

Note: Dining options vary by ship. Once onboard, you may switch from Traditional Dining to Anytime Dining (subject to availability) with 24 hours notice to the Maître d'hôtel. Actual meal times are subject to change based on itinerary and season. Specialty Dining and Casual Dining venues vary by ship and charges may apply. Ultimate Balcony Dining available in select staterooms.

I believe you need to contact the dinning room from your stateroom as soon as you board since there is a limit as to how many will they offer. Also, you can see the Maitre D in person. Again ASAP!

Thank you very much! I searched the internet and the cruise answer book. What's wierd is that they have it as an item on the order form. Maybe I'll ask my TA too, although she gets crabby when I bug her. :/

Oh man, I finally found it on the web site (Diamond): http://www.princess.com/onboard/dining/di_dining.html

We ordered this from the Concierge Service from the phone in our cabin. We really enjoyed the breakfast. Just wish I knew that you could make some substitutions, as my wife is not a salmon/bagel lover. Here's a photo of the "dessert" part of the breakfast - my wife's favourite part:

1197472987_IMG_0334copy.jpg.9d25997071429e5b2ad3176fc372c11e.jpg

Now.......I'm thoroughly confused. We just came back from HAL Amsterdam in Dec. 2006.

We ordered dinner for our balcony,off Main Dining Room menu, twice, had to call when dining room opened for early seating. Told them we would not be at our assigned table, but in our room. Ordered off the "menu" we received that AM re: what was being served that night. We stuck to that menu. We got tablecloth, china, glassware, flowers, et al. First 3 courses came at one time........then dessert & coffee arrived later. There was NO charge for this! Obviously, the room service guys got a $10 for extra effort.

We also had many "hearty" breakfasts on our balcony.........eggs, meat, toast, bagels, croissants, cereal, juice, fruit et al. We ordered whatever. There was no charge.

We're on Princess this summer.........and, if I'm reading this right, we'll get charged for this?

Now.......I'm thoroughly confused. We just came back from HAL Amsterdam in Dec. 2006.

We ordered dinner for our balcony,off Main Dining Room menu, twice, had to call when dining room opened for early seating. Told them we would not be at our assigned table, but in our room. Ordered off the "menu" we received that AM re: what was being served that night. We stuck to that menu. We got tablecloth, china, glassware, flowers, et al. First 3 courses came at one time........then dessert & coffee arrived later. There was NO charge for this! Obviously, the room service guys got a $10 for extra effort.

We also had many "hearty" breakfasts on our balcony.........eggs, meat, toast, bagels, croissants, cereal, juice, fruit et al. We ordered whatever. There was no charge.

We're on Princess this summer.........and, if I'm reading this right, we'll get charged for this?

YEP! Unless you have a full suite (mini does not count) you have a limited selection from the room service menu. Princess is trying to make a profit by pushing their Ultimate Balcony breakfast/dinner. In the past, on could write in the eoom service order form items that were not on the menu and you would get them. Lately, I've read that room service no longer honors this request.

YEP! Unless you have a full suite (mini does not count) you have a limited selection from the room service menu. Princess is trying to make a profit by pushing their Ultimate Balcony breakfast/dinner. In the past, on could write in the eoom service order form items that were not on the menu and you would get them. Lately, I've read that room service no longer honors this request.

Hmmm, interesting. I guess we'll find out. We've always written in things. Nothing big mind you, like we would write grapefruit or banana and they'd bring it. It's not like we'd write in Lobster Tail. Oh well, I'll survive with whatever. Just bring me my coffee for four and I'm fine.

This brings back a funny memory to me, this one time we ordered room service for a Happy Hour we were having for us and my parents (I can't remember if it was RCCL or Princess).. anyway the person on the other end didn't speak English too well, or didn't understand well. We ordered Chips and Salsa, had to repeat it several times. They brought us little sandwiches with ham and cheese. We still laugh about it. No we weren't upset, it was just a "lost in translation" moment that I love. It's all good.

Hmmm, interesting. I guess we'll find out. We've always written in things. Nothing big mind you, like we would write grapefruit or banana and they'd bring it. It's not like we'd write in Lobster Tail. Oh well, I'll survive with whatever. Just bring me my coffee for four and I'm fine.

This brings back a funny memory to me, this one time we ordered room service for a Happy Hour we were having for us and my parents (I can't remember if it was RCCL or Princess).. anyway the person on the other end didn't speak English too well, or didn't understand well. We ordered Chips and Salsa, had to repeat it several times. They brought us little sandwiches with ham and cheese. We still laugh about it. No we weren't upset, it was just a "lost in translation" moment that I love. It's all good.

I don't think asking for fruit would be a problem. I was making reference to people requesting an omelet, French toast, etc.

Archived