Swap meet at stadium?

thndrdancr

Can anyone tell me more about this, is it a big flea market, on Saturdays in Honolulu? Read a review about a guy going and it sounds like the kind of thing we love to do, they dont have them where we live.

Anyone know more? Is it every Saturday, or did he just happen to be there the month they had one, etc?

Thanks much,

Jill

don't know what hours or how often, anymore. i want years ago. got DH several shirts. most of the prices were the same as the international market, but more! didn't see any old stuff, it was vendor after vendor of new t-shirts, new hawiian shirts, etc. just have to look, several had the label cut (rejects or seconds). but still, good prices.

its open really weird days

its a nice flea market, its one big circle, but theres a lot of good deals there, we are really bummed on our 14 day hawaii cruise coming up , the day we port in honolulu its closed , :(

go there, its really worth it , the prices are cheaper than alot of the other places in hawaii to shop

its open , wed sat and sundays 6a-3pm

age 13 and up 1$ to get in

12 and under free

We got married 24 years ago in Hawaii. Have been back 7 times since. On the last trip I finally talked She Who Must Be Obeyed into going to the flea market. Guess she thought they sold fleas. It was great. Tshirts, sweatshirts and all the tourist junk you want at great prices. I had to buy a carryon suitcase to bring all the stuff back to the hotel. There is a little free tourist book available everywhere that gives the days and times of the flea market along with directions to get there. The book also gives a coupon for the entrance fee. The bus from Waikiki stops at the Arizona Memorial and its a short walk from there. Its a long bus ride. I think it was #42 but that is pure memory from a month ago. If you are going to go to the Arizona memorial by bus this is a good add on as you are already there. i would do the Arizona first both to make sure you get in and security won't let you bring in much.

We were there yesterday and the prices are great. My wife bought some necklaces at the I.M. and they were half the cost at the stadium. It took us around 2 hours to do the entire circle. Bring your own water. There were few if any water/soda stands open. Maybe Sat is busier and they may be present.

John L.

This is definitely worth doing. I wish I had a chance to go before my last day in Hawaii, LOL. If you want really cheap prices on all the stuff people love to take home, go there. We even managed to fit it in on a ship's excursion to the Arizona Memorial, but it's a good 15 minute walk each way so you better make sure you have the time if you try this.

The swap meet is great shopping. You can find both "touristy" gifts and local made crafts. The prices are good, better than the tourist gift stores, but Wal-Mart and Longs also have some of the same stuff for about the same price. Of course, the swap meet is huge and has way more stuff.

Bring sunscreen and water, it gets very hot.

When I go to Hawaii, I don't bother bringing an extra empty bag for all my purchases. I always go to the swap meet and 1st thing buy a wheeled duffle bag or suitcase (really nice Hawaiian print for $25 or less) and use it while shopping there, then I can check it for the flight home.

Thanks everyone for all the info. Thats wonderful, we will definitely plan on going.

Didnt mean to start a thread and fall out, but I didnt think I was able to post this question. Tried 3 times and my computer kept rejecting me, so I signed back on before our trip to a wonderful surprise with all the answers. Thanks everyone!

Jill

Archived