Car service in Rio

I'llBeCruisin'

Try Ricardo Gomes Martins, cell phone #21 9296-9763, <ricardomartinsbrazil@hotmail.com> Very good English, lived in LA for a few years. I've used him on two different trips and recommend him highly.

friedgard...

fila dentál we call it ;) ...

The roll call board is too arcane for me, pity we small ship sailors have to wade through hundreds of posts to find one for our ship. We'll just call this the roll call thread and so far we have:

friedgard (2)

Maxine (2)

Acapulco (2?)

alita (1)

That should be enough to generate some action at the piano bar (or is there such a thing???)

Forgot to include I'llBeCrusin on our Roll Call... now we have nine!

friedgard... I have a tour planned in Salvador but otherwise will probably wander around on my own. It's going to be terribly hot and I don't much like the idea of spending time in a group getting in and out of buses and standing around listening to lectures in the heat.

When we stopped at Natal last November I took a taxi south to Ponta Negra beach and enjoyed myself walking along the seafront and sitting at an outdoor cafe doing a little people-watching. There's a lot of action here...

In Recife a friend and I hired a taxi and visited Olinda, a beautifully preserved colonial town and a UNESCO Heritage Site. It gets pretty crowded with tourists but is worth a visit. We also stopped at the Casa de Cultura, an old prison now used as a center for arts and handicrafts... each cell houses a little shop... a fascinating place, we loved it!

We're getting pretty close to the cruise. When is everyone leaving for Rio? As for us, we don't have much time, so we are straight to the ship from the airport with early embarkation. We have been to Rio before, but are still excited we get another day before the ship leaves.

For anyone with time, I highly recommend Iguazu falls. It is fabulous!!!

Are we still planning a meet-and-greet?

I'llbecruising...

Fine with me but as I've not cruised on Silversea I wouldn't know when and where to suggest? Any ideas???

I leave Sunday and will have three days in Leblon and then will do the early boarding on Thursday so perhaps we can get together for lunch on board..

Alita,

There are really only two places to meet unless you include the pool bar. There is the bar on deck 5 and the Parorama Lounge on deck 8. Both usually have music. One should have the Silversea band and the other has guest musicians, usually a duo or a piano player. Which bar has which alternates by ship.

Sure, lunch sounds great. Our flight get in early morning so we will probably get on as soon as they let us. Why don't you give our suite a call when you get in. We are in 543.

Ok all, we'll see you poolside. We'll find each other through Alita's blue shades. ;)

Alita, unless something goes wrong with our travel plans, we will definately board the ship around 11 am. We have signed up for early embarkation. If you still want to join us for lunch, you are more than welcome. Just give us a call! Thanks also for the name of your driver. He is busy that day, but we did find another name. So, we are ready to go!!!

Archived