marseilles,nice and morocco

In marseille I took the shuttle to town. It was a Sunday and not a lot was opened so took the hop=on hop-off bus around the town then had a leisurely lunch at a harbour cafe. Here's a link to an FAQ on Marseille

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=264664&highlight=faq

Nice - our port for this was Villfranche. Took the train from there to Nice. Walked down to the Promenade. Picked up a hop-on hop-off bus and toured the city. Then took a bus from there to Monaco/Monte Carlo. So depending on how long you're in port there's lots of options for doing it on your own. If you do have all day, here's info re: villefranche, Eze, Monaco

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=264664&highlight=faq

I don't have any info on Morocco.

Frances

If you are going to Marseilles I would try to get to Les Baux,Avignon or some other area outside Marseilles as there is so much to see.You will have to hire a private driver to get around if you do not use the ship's tours as it would be easier fro you since it is a wide area to cover.There is quite a bit of info on this area on this board if you do a search.

As for Morocco I would do the ship's tour depending on where you are going as in Tangier's..just easier with a guide/group.There is also info on different cities in Morocco on the board as well.Good luck.fmax gave you some great advice for Nice.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Voyager of the Seas last September for the 7 night Med cruise. The ship tendered in Villefranche and we used Michelle from Revelation Tours (revelation-tours.com or email at revelationtours@aol.com). He met the seven of us (four of whom we met thru the VOS roll call on cruise critic) and busily toured Nice, St. Paul, Monaco, Eze and Fragonard Perfume factory. It was a busy and exhausting day but wonderful! Michelle was entertaining, informative, prompt, courteous and one of our favorite private drivers!

We could not accomplish all that we saw on our own nor would I have wanted to since your time is limited while in port. Good luck!

Archived