Teenagers on the Valor?

kellygirl3

I have been reading posts and I can't seem to find anyone who has traveled with teens. Everyone seems to love the Camp Carnival for the younger kids - but I am curious about older kids. I have a group of about ten kids ages 15-18 going in March on the Valor? Has anyone done this before? Will they be bored on the boat?

We sailed on Valor last Spring Break. There were tons of kids of all ages. The teens have their own club attached to the arcade and also found several places they liked to meet and hang out. I think most teens did not participate in the planned activites other than maybe the first day to get to know other kids, from then on they just sort of hung out.

You will want to establish clear rules about who they hang out with and staying together, curfews, not going in other people's cabins, etc. They will make friends and come home with all sorts of new names for their IM lists!

imacruzinma,

Thank you so much. I have tried to read posts and have not found much information about older teens.

So far, nobody on my roll call has teens so I was getting worried. It's great to know you went on Valor over Spring Break and that there were a lot of kids.

As far as rules, we have already had talks about a "Buddy" system - noone is allowed to go anywhere alone. And we all eat dinner together every night. We are doing all the islands together. Any other suggestions you can think of would be greatly appreicated.

Jerri

• 2 weeks later...

Kellygirl3,

I will be on valor March 25 for springbreak with my two teenagers i have a boy who is 17 and a girl who is 15. I have already set guidelines for them like you said never go off alone but I know my kids are looking forward to the teen club. I am sure they will meet lots of new friends maybe your kids will be one. :D

Are you leaving on the 25th? Because that is the day we return. If so that is too bad because my daughter is 15 also and she is worried that all the kids are going to be older than her. Her brother and all his friends are going but she is not sure she will be able to hang-out with them.

Our trip is mostly a "graduation" present for my son and all of his friends. I think we will have twelve (12) - 17 and 18 years olds traveling with us.

If we are not on the same cruise - I hope you have a GREAT time. I am so excited I can't wait for the days to pass.

Archived