my experience of diamond princess

danville dan

just came back from diamond 7/17-7/24 trip.

this is a gorgeous vessel .weather couldn't be any better.since i learned about its accident on 5/15 i wanted to cancel my booking.some expressed that it is going late to ports.i did cancel some private trips and rebooked with ship excursions.there is nothing wrong with this ship.the propeller damage is not causing any delays.in fact on this trip it is on time or slightly ahead to all ports.yes it docked at victoria.for now, it is pulled into the pier by a tug boat.on this trip tracy arm is a little disappointment for me.i think due to lot of broken and large icebergs we did not get closer to Sawyer glacier.it is nothing to do with diamond.wether is unusally warm in this region

my best excursion is in skagway... i booked southeast tour yukon white horse horse back riding trip(thanks to all those who gave the information on this board).this is truly a gem,if you like horse back riding.emerald lake itself is worth going. joni who runs this stable is a wonderfull person.any questions she will reply e mails very promptly.you can get her e mail at southeasttours.com.

more in few days.......thanks to all whose gave their time and wealth of info on this board........rama

Thanks for the review of your trip. Our trip starts Sept. 4th and I'm enjoying reading the reviews everybody is posting about their experiences to Alaska on the Diamond.

Looking forward to more info from you.

Lynn

danvilledan

im so glad you had a great time on the diamond. 6 of my family members where on the ship at the same time. and 4 of them took the horseback riding tour with southwest. they have horses and were very impressed with jodi and the condition of the horses. maybe you were with them riding along. janice, bill, daughter christine and son-in-law steve. they loved it, the ship and especially alaska. what did you think of the open seating for dinner? this was their first cruise and they were not sure about it. they did what most other passengers did and reserved a table. all they talk about is the ship, tours and the food. man, they sound like me now :D .

now you are planning another cruise huh?

i actually reached home this evening.it will take few days to catch up with work.i hope to write a trip report.meanwhile if you have any specific questions about ship or the tour,i will try to answer.

embarkation is a breeze.we reached about 1 o clock and in the ship by 1.30.dis embarkation could be better,it is quite organised getting out of ship and clearing the customs.transferred to air port in 30 mts.it took 1 hour at united counter and after that another 1 hour for security line.this has nothing to do with princess.in fact they did their part very well.we went canadian rocky mountains pre cruise tours(which i highly recommend) with princess,they did take care of us very well.

I am going on the diamond aswell, did I understand you correctly that you did not get to seattle until 1:00 pm . why so late? The ship usually get there early as I understand. Thanks for your response in adavance.

You actually answered the questions I had...embarkation and disembarkation. Sounds like they've finally gotten the routine down. :)

We have a post-cruise day in Seattle so am researching things that would be of interest to us (husband and myself).

Lynn

Archived