Pirates, birds, and Monkeys (oh my)(c:

Rottweilermom

I am new at this cruise thing and we have booked the Pirates, birds, and Monkeys of the Caribbean excursion which I am very excited about!

Please don't laugh but my question is...

I do a little wildlife rescue here and thought maybe I could bring something to feed the monkeys and birds (nutritionally complete of course) but did not know if that would be allowed or not. If it was my refuge I probably would not allow it but thought I would ask anyway.

Also I am confused as the arrive time is 9:30 and depart is 10:30 but it says at your leisure on the main page can someone explain to me how that works?

Thank you.

We did this tour last week from the NCL Dawn. They do not want you to feed the animals. One of the monkeys was being "punished" for nipping a woman who fed him some banana and didn't have more when he wanted it. He was not allowed to interact with the people (had one more day of confinement when we were there).

The time is flexible because you have to opportunity to stay and enjoy the park and spend time at their beach if you wish. The shuttles back to the ship will leave when there are about 20 people ready to leave.

Agree with RC BC - dont bring any food. One lady had lollipops in her bag and the monkey tried to steal it. The lady snuck one to the monkey and the handler wasnt happy.

The tour itself is about an hour. There is a beautiful beach there, if you want to stay and layout. It's a very beautiful area of Roatan. Enjoy!

Agree with RC BC - dont bring any food. One lady had lollipops in her bag and the monkey tried to steal it. The lady snuck one to the monkey and the handler wasnt happy.

The tour itself is about an hour. There is a beautiful beach there, if you want to stay and layout. It's a very beautiful area of Roatan. Enjoy!

Is this at Gumbalimba park? Truly a nice beach?

We have booked this for March 24 Grand Princess, 4 kids 8 adults....Are there shuttle buses that allow you to take your time before heading back?

How much time is reasonably spent there...we would like to stay as long as possible without missing the boat?

thanks for advice!!!

Yes this is at Gumbalimba Park (www.gumbalimbapark.com). Please do not bring food or drink. They will let you give them water out of the water bottle. You could probably bring food and ask one of the English speaking trainers if you could and which monkey. You can spend time at the beach which is nice but not as nice as the West Bay area (Tabyana Beach). The snorkeling is great though after you get past the sea grass which starts about 50 feet off shore. West Bay beach is white sand for about 200 feet but the coral is less until you go way out. Way out from Gumbalimba Park shore is excellent dive quality type coral reef. There are chairs. See the beach picture on the site.

Yes this is at Gumbalimba Park (www.gumbalimbapark.com). Please do not bring food or drink. They will let you give them water out of the water bottle. You could probably bring food and ask one of the English speaking trainers if you could and which monkey. You can spend time at the beach which is nice but not as nice as the West Bay area (Tabyana Beach). The snorkeling is great though after you get past the sea grass which starts about 50 feet off shore. West Bay beach is white sand for about 200 feet but the coral is less until you go way out. Way out from Gumbalimba Park shore is excellent dive quality type coral reef. There are chairs. See the beach picture on the site.

Thanks Robert and all...very helpful info!

Archived