Would you speak up????

cdnguys

There sure a LOT of speculation going on here. How does anyone know what REALLY happened, after the fact? Could be that the security guard went to the bartender... got the folio number of the pax involved, and maybe they were kicked off the vessel at the next port.

Enforcement does not have to be "on the spot". I know that is difficult to comprehend in today's 'instant gratification' society. It's very plausible that the security guard " got the last laugh".

I just had to jump in and say that a couple of years ago the Carnival ads on TV showed people drinking in the hot tubs. The waiter was serving them in the hot tub. Just thought it was strange that they would show in the commercial something they do not allow on board. I was on a ship many years ago and it wasn't allowed then. It makes me wonder why Carnival used this ad.

Candi

Clearly, if a ship's staffer (ie security) is handling the situation and has access to a radio and/or backup, any third party involvement could make things worse... regardless of how we all feel about the situation, the security guy has the responsibilty... even if they are being verbally abused, they are trained to defuse the situation... at least we hope.

I watched several young and somewhat drunk guys rush in to a situation on my last sea day in November, fortunately they all stopped before they got physically involved (security was there, although we all thought they were doing a lousy job... at least they stopped it) otherwise, there might have been a real brawl instead of a few slaps and some yelling. Unless you see a security guard being pummelled and screaming for help, let them do their jobs. Feel free to complain later to the purser's staff if you think (a) Carnival allowed something to happen it could have prevented, (b) you want to add your observations, or © someone could have done something a bit better.

Jump in and YOU could wind up in the brig too... now that would be a bad cruise, IMHO.

Now if I saw someone obviously failing to do his job (ie enforce rules) I would call the Purser's desk and ask them to send someone to deal with the problem or assist the guard... but how a security person chooses to handle a situation is their problem, and THEY can explain it to their boss...

Some of your fellow passengers are not nice people, as other posts have demonstrated. (like the stupid felons arrested at embarkation...) Why mess with them?

Archived