What to wear under a sheer material dress?

Gingee

I have the top of my dress posted in this section but I have another question. When I have this dress on, the underwear line shows. I don't do thong underwear (ouch). I thought of a half slip but I was thinking the top of the slip may show. Someone mentioned wearing the hose that have a little underwear material in them. That would be okay except I don't like hose wearing sandles. I will slip. Any ideas?

Thanks

There is a manufacturer that makes no panty line panties, thongs and bikini's- I think it is Hanes Her Way. Or you could just google No panty lines, or call your department store and ask someone in the lingerie dept. My girlfriend had them, the regular bikini ones, and they worked- no panty lines. Just get flesh tone, and you should be fine.

If the fabric is sheer enough to show anything, the thought of going commando is pretty gross. Not many of us would like to have the Britney Spears look. I don't know how many times I've seen thong panty lines as well. I've never worn them (like the OP), so I'd venture to say a lot of people wear thongs that are too tight :confused: . Unless your skin is free of bumps and bulges, it needs to have some cover for modesty and appearance.

Why not try a product like Spanx?

I saw this posting and as a guy felt obligated to respond...if you can wear nothing (commando) just do it, if not, wear as little as possible...strictly a buy's point of view...:cool:

Spanx is a microfiber "girdle" type of garmet. No hooks, snaps, etc. Oprah is a huge promoter of the product. You can get it as a panty, high power, which fits up the rib cage, and leggings. You can do a search on this thread for lots of comments. You can get it buy it at speciality shop or ebay.

Think control top to the 10th degree, but no bulges because it goes up nice and high. They are very comfortable, and all of the department stores carry them. I had a pair of the nylon type ones that went up over the rib cage, to just under my breasts. I had compliment all night, and was not uncomfortable at all. I think mine were $36 or so, but they were definitely worth it.

I have the top of my dress posted in this section but I have another question. When I have this dress on, the underwear line shows. I don't do thong underwear (ouch). I thought of a half slip but I was thinking the top of the slip may show. Someone mentioned wearing the hose that have a little underwear material in them. That would be okay except I don't like hose wearing sandles. I will slip. Any ideas?

Thanks

I would make a trip to Victoria Secret. They have an amazing selection and solutions...ask a sales person for help. I now have my 75 year old mother shopping there!....and no, she doesn't wear a thong (I don't think!)

Archived