Hotels in Seattle with Priceline

aussie jb

You can check out http://www.biddingfortravel.com to get some ideas on what prices/hotels are being accepted. I did a quick search there for SEA and found the following already accepted for SEA in Sept.

2.5* Courtyard Marriott at Lake Union $41 9/22-26

3* Marriott Waterfront $60 9/5-6

3* Marriott Sea/Tac (airport) $43 and 45 9/1 and 9/4

3* Hyatt Bellevue $39 9/8

4* Downtown Hotel Vantage Park $105 9/11-13

I've bid on Priceline before for a hotel in SEA and got the Doubletree at the airport for $40 (incl tax/and their charges).

Do you know what part of town you want to stay in? Try to get an idea if more than one area is ok and it might help you get a lower price. Once you decide what areas you want, decide what * rating you want in that area. You can see what type of hotels are in each category at the Priceline site. Once you've decided on that, you can enter the info on the search, and then pick a price. Start low since you can always bid up. You get a couple chances to change price and then are cut off from rebidding for 72 hours, but since you arent going until Sept, you could play around a little and maybe you'll get lucky and hit a great bargain, or you could just bid something you're willing to pay and be done with it. Part of the fun, I think, is being able to play with it though.

If you have any more questions or want some help on it, give me a holler here or email tadjr@tampabay.rr.com so we dont take up board time and I'd be happy to help.

Seattle is a great city. I have a close friend who moved out there and loves it. I've been about 8 times myself and still have things I havent done.

thanks for all the info tadjr....very much appreciated. Our first play with Priceline got us the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver for $65 which was much less than our T/A got us Howard Johnsons!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this information - it is very helpful.

I am contemplating placing a bid on priceline for 2 hotel rooms in Seattle for the night before we cruise. We already hold a reservation that I made on line.

Being new at this, is there anyway to increase one's chances of getting a waterfront hotel? Or, is it, from my understanding, "you get what you get."

Gull

Its you get what you get. You can pick a general area (Space Needle/ Pikes Place/Airport), but other than that, the price and hotel accepting the price determines what you get.

I would also check out hotwire.com . You can see some of the other deals available in certain areas there and although you cant get specific hotel names before you accept, you can get a general idea sometimes of what hotels there are by the amenities and general location if you know what hotels are in the area. Still cant choose waterfront, etc, but you can see what they are going for there to maybe help with a bid on priceline.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with.

I ended up bidding for 2.5* downtown, and got the Best Western Executive (close to the Space Needle) for $50 + tax. Considering their cheapest room was $139 on the net, I thought that was pretty good going

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline is great. I started bidding at $36 and kept going at $2 interval and got it at $40/night.

If you are going to bid, I would suggest you start at $37 and see if you can get it at $39, if not, the next bid should be $40 because that's the price most people are getting for this hotel.

HTH.

Jennifer

Thats where I got for the night after our cruise. We wanted to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. I think I got it for $40 inclusive at the time. Hotel is nice and spacious. Our room was overlooking a lake with trees right outside so it was cool and fairly quiet and relaxing. The parking there is expensive though so if you have a rental car you might want to consider returning it before staying the night. You can catch their bus in the morning to the airport.

• 3 months later...

Thanks to all for posting the information - Our first try (ever) w/Priceline we got the Doubletree SeaTac for $37 for May 11 (we disembark the Sapphire). The cheapest website price was $134 ! :eek: - so I feel pretty good about our rate although Dh says they will put us in the "broomcloset" :eek: :eek:

(We needed to be close to the airport w/free shuttle for our very early flight the next morning!)

TADJR - Since we have the full day at disembarkation - from your experience, will we be able (easily) to do a bit of Seatlle sightseeing from this SeaTac location? Is there a shuttle downtown from the Doubletree??

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

There is a bus from the airport that runs downtown. Not sure if it goes out past the airport to the hotel or turns around at the airport. If it does, just take the hotel shuttle to the airport and catch the bus. My friend went downtown while he was waiting for our friend to catch up with us from Ireland. We got into SEA about 2pm and she wasnt going to make it in until about 8pm so he ran downtown after we caught a flight to Anchorage at 4pm. He said it was easy to get there and back. Looks like maybe 2 routes into Seattle from the airport. You can put the address of the hotel and downtown into their search and it will tell you what buses go there.

Route(s) that service stop SEA-TAC AIRPORT & BAY 2 (BAGGAGE TERM)

Distance: 0.2 mile SE

Route MT 174 Downtown Seattle

Route MT 194 Downtown Seattle

http://transit.metrokc.gov/ is the homepage for MetroSeattle bus info.

I'll just add a follow up here, the hotel we got through Priceline was great, and we certainly didn't get a broom closet - it was a very large room with a fantastic view of the space needle (just one block away), in fact I stayed up most of the night watching the lift going up and down :) we were able to walk to everything, and when we didn't want to, we just called the hotels shuttle service and they came and got us. It was a real bargain

Priceline is great. I started bidding at $36 and kept going at $2 interval and got it at $40/night.

If you are going to bid, I would suggest you start at $37 and see if you can get it at $39, if not, the next bid should be $40 because that's the price most people are getting for this hotel.

HTH.

Jennifer

Did you have to wait 72 hours in between each bid? I tried a bid and it wasn't accepted - when I retried at a higher bid it said I was locked out unless I changed either the area in Seattle or the dates of arrival - since I can't change those I couldn't re-bid. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Cory.

Once you have been locked out, you have to wait 72 hours before you try a rebid. If you are bidding for downtown have a look at a map and check the Lake Union area. Maybe that would be an option to add.

Have you checked out the Bidding for Travel site? http://www.biddingfortravel.com it might give you some clues on what to bid and what prices are being accepted. Good Luck!

Archived