Pacific Princess

Pennysue

We are in the UK and have booked a cruise from Honolulu/Papeete on the Pacific Princess to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in September. We have booked an owners suite, cabin 6091. Have any of you stayed in this cabin, do you get any perks for staying in a suite. I would appreciate any feedback on The Pacific Princess, about the facilities, and also how formal are the formal nights? We are Brits, we do formal :-) , would we be out of place?

Pennysue.

I haven't been in this particular suite, but we've had Owner Suites on both the Tahitian and the Pacific and they were identical. The nicest thing about the OS is that you get free laundry (yea!) and one of the largest balconies of any ship. There is probably enough room for about 12 people on the balcony (two lounge chairs and a table seating four only take up a small part of it).

We like the living and bedroom separation as I go to bed early and get up early and have a place to read or work while waiting for my DH to wake up. Likewise, he has a place to watch tv or read after I go to bed.

The bathrooms are fabulous - it's nice to have two and the shower/bath is huge (also a jacuzzi).

You get a free set up in the refrigerator of water/soda/liquor. If you reguest replacement of anything, then there is a fee. There are complimentary apps, received champagne one night, corsages the first formal night, plus there were flowers in the room - one bouquet from the captain and another from the hotel staff.

Also lots of other things, like discounts at the spa, free photos, etc, that we didn't take advantage of. And to top it all off, you're in Tahiti/Hawai'i. How much better can it get?

Have a wonderful cruise,

Charlie

Pennysue,

We have just come off the Pacific Princess as it has been sailing in our waters since early November. We have also cruised on the Tahitian Princess and are doing a similar cruise to yours in June but on the TP. Both ships are identical and we love the smaller size, number of passengers etc. The ships do move around a bit, so hopefully your suite is aft not forward as the front of the ship does seem to get more movement

The suites are big and have wonderful balconies. We have never cruised in one but have seen inside them and they are fantastic.

On both ships we had two formal nights and they were quite formal with about 50% or more in dinner suits and the rest of the men in suits or jackets. The ladies definitely dressed up most nights.

You will have a wonderful cruise, I hope you are staying on in "Paradise" for a few days post cruise as it is beautiful.

Jennie

We had OS 7004 on the Pacific Princess and loved it - so much so, we have booked the same suite for our Tahitian Princess cruise this year.

I recall that the formal nights were about as formal as you wanted them to be. We had women in tiaras and floor length satin ball gowns and others in casual formal. I guess everyones definition of "formal" is different. I believe it is whatever you feel comfortable in.

Jane;)

Archived