Princess Brides? Experience working with The Wedding Experience?

I am planning on getting married on the Nov. 3rd sailing on the Crown Princess in the port of St. Thomas. Has anyone done something similar? If so, what was your experience?

I am working with the wedding experience and also wanted any tips on dealing with them. I have had a couple conversations with some very inexperienced wedding planners, which makes me a little uneasy… Does anyone has some tips on dealing with TWE or worked with a specific planner they would recommend?

Thanks for any tips!

I am doing just about the same thing- and bringing about 40 guests with us to get married in St. Thomas. We booked just about everything through Princess/TWE. The only thing booked independent of TWE was guest transportation from boat-wedding-tour-back to boat. We booked that through Sunny Liston.

In the beginning, it was kind of unsettling because they did seem unorganized as I spoke with different people every time I called. When the wedding was about 4 months out, they connected me with Aaron- who since then has been my planner. He has been good to work with.

We did have a problem when Princess changed the itinerary on us a few weeks ago (after we had made all final arrangements) so that we were visiting St. Thomas on a different day. They took care of the date change (all except for our reservations at Sabatinis, which our TA changed for us) without any hassle.

I will post a review after we get back- in about a month- and let everyone know how it went!

I am planning on getting married on the Nov. 3rd sailing on the Crown Princess in the port of St. Thomas. Has anyone done something similar? If so, what was your experience?

I am working with the wedding experience and also wanted any tips on dealing with them. I have had a couple conversations with some very inexperienced wedding planners, which makes me a little uneasy… Does anyone has some tips on dealing with TWE or worked with a specific planner they would recommend?

Thanks for any tips!

My daughter is getting married onboard the Crown Princess, August 10, before we depart in Brooklyn. We were using a Lisa who has since left TWE. Previous posters had good things to say about Aaron, so my daughter requested that he take over her planning, and he has.

He is very patient, always pleasant and he doesn't seem to mind answering all the questions we have. If you're not happy with the person you are dealing with, ask if you can switch.

I am doing just about the same thing- and bringing about 40 guests with us to get married in St. Thomas. We booked just about everything through Princess/TWE. The only thing booked independent of TWE was guest transportation from boat-wedding-tour-back to boat. We booked that through Sunny Liston.

In the beginning, it was kind of unsettling because they did seem unorganized as I spoke with different people every time I called. When the wedding was about 4 months out, they connected me with Aaron- who since then has been my planner. He has been good to work with.

We did have a problem when Princess changed the itinerary on us a few weeks ago (after we had made all final arrangements) so that we were visiting St. Thomas on a different day. They took care of the date change (all except for our reservations at Sabatinis, which our TA changed for us) without any hassle.

I will post a review after we get back- in about a month- and let everyone know how it went!

Oh- Are you getting married on the ship in port or somewhere on St. Thomas?

Oh- Are you getting married on the ship in port or somewhere on St. Thomas?

Not really sure about why the itinerary was changed, our TA/coordinator/Princess reps didnt have an answer when I asked. It was kind of lame... all of a sudden one day Princess just posted it on their website with a different itinerary and never contacted us...

But, ah well!

We will be getting married in St. Thomas.

Check out the post entitled PERFECT WEDDINGS OF ST THOMAS (a few threads above yours) and read what I posted on it. I'm telling you, you won't be sorry if you contact Cheryl at www.viweddings.com !!!!!! Again, tell her you were referred by fellow cruise critic Kim from Buffalo who had to cancel with her because Royal Carribean switched their itinerary!!! :mad: Wait until you see how awesome she is - I felt 100% stress-free while dealing with her. She is phenomenal!!!!! Good Luck!!!!

Archived