I need your ideas

hipcruzr

If you are booked as a group, and everyone agrees to do it, you can have additional cocktail parties for approx $11.40 per person... these are always fun.

Mardi Gras party

Bar Crawl

Cabin Crawl

Slot Tournemant

Deck Party (bathrobe, toga, etc)

The possibilities are endless... but don't try to keep everyone entertained, they will get plenty of that on the ship and it's best many times to just plan a few group events and let everyone do what THEY want to do the rest of the time. We always plan several things for people that want to do them, but there is something to be said for being spontaneous on a cruise and doing your own thing.

I have a large group going on the Valor in August (around 60-70 persons) How about some ideas on what to do to keep them busy. They are a real fun bunch of folks just wanted to keep it interested. Any fun ideas

Pretty hard to control everyone because everyone is different, while some may like the night life, Dancing, Piano Bar etc. others go to bed earily. With all that Carnival has to offer onboard they will all be surely busy. Best bet is to let them do their own thing and just all meet up for Dinner. Carnival Capers has all of the daily events.

Setting up group excursions for those First timers would be the only thing that could work.

Good luck

Fred

I have a large group going on the Valor in August (around 60-70 persons) How about some ideas on what to do to keep them busy. They are a real fun bunch of folks just wanted to keep it interested. Any fun ideas

Pretty hard to control everyone because everyone is different, while some may like the night life, Dancing, Piano Bar etc. others go to bed earily. With all that Carnival has to offer onboard they will all be surely busy. Best bet is to let them do their own thing and just all meet up for Dinner. Carnival Capers has all of the daily events.

Setting up group excursions for those First timers would be the only thing that could work.

Good luck

Fred

I agree - everyone is going to want to do different things. We didn't have that big of group - about 14 - but what we did was decided where in the showroom was a good spot to sit. Then those who wanted to go to this or that in the showroom would know that if others decided to show up they would be in that general area. Do the same on deck - have a place midship and/or aft where people will know that is where to meet up.

If you want you could try and do some pre-dinner cocktails. Tell everyone that wants to join to meet up in the atruim or one of the bars an up to an hour (or 30 or 45 minutes) before dinner.

Be sure all your cabins are linked in the system so you will have the same dining time - if that's what everyone wants. If some have early and some have late then have the cabins linked accordingly.

Carnival has so many things to do that you really don't need to plan anything on your own - just where to meet up.

This is what I am doing right now with my SIL. 14 of us for my ILS 50th wedding anniversary. She and I have cruised before and the other 12 have not. Makes for some interesting emails that is for sure. I will watch this thread for sure. GoinCruisin you are good at planning.

This is what I am doing right now with my SIL. 14 of us for my ILS 50th wedding anniversary. She and I have cruised before and the other 12 have not. Makes for some interesting emails that is for sure. I will watch this thread for sure. GoinCruisin you are good at planning.

deb -- go to carnival connection site. they have a group cruise planning tool. you can send invites to one another and i believe even set up a private board. they have a tutorial, i think.

Try to offer one organized thing every day if you must, and you can vary things so that all may find at least one thing interesting and hopefully more than one.

Mini golf tourney (if ship has it)

Bridge tournament

Arrange a private galley tour for your group

You might be able to get the CD to talk to your group

One night in a dance club

One night in karaoke sp?

You can also do ship activities as a group, again arrange with the CD to put someone in the Trivia contest, Newlywed game and then all attend to yell and scream for them...

Scavenger hunt

You can even do your own slot tourney, everyone puts a $20 in a machine and plays for 15 minutes, print out your tickets to see who won the most money, it is honor system, but allows people to go play whatever machine.

Lots and lots of ideas - they won't be bored!!!

Very good ideas. Keep them coming. Most of this group has cruised before I think it may be just around 8 who have not. I was not trying to do something everyday with them because as you said they will be wanting to do their own thing. I guess I was thinking something along a meet and greet. They are coming in from all over which makes having bon voyage party before we leave nearly impossible.

Archived