One turtle farm?

Rottweilermom

Does anyone know if there is only one turtle farm on the Cayman? I am trying to make a decision to visit or not as a "farm" only makes me sad, but delving deeper they appear to release back to the wild so I applaud the effort. The site I am on that tells me about them is called the Cayman turtle farm. Is this the one and only that the tours go to?

Please don't flame me....... What people choose to eat or not is their own business but I don't visit beef farms either (c:

Thank you.

Yes, there is only one turtle farm in the world.

The Cayman Turtle Farm was once a stand-alone attraction. It has been moved and incorporated into the larger Boatswain's Bay development at a site adjacent to the previous site.

As the name implies, turtles are raised for food. Some are released into the wild each year and several HUGE mature turtles are held as breeding stock.

The species farmed is the green sea turtle. They also have a few examples of some of the other sea turtle species including the extremely rare Kemp's Ridley sea turtle.

Archived