Best place on CB for sailaway?

Mr.Thy

They have a big sailaway party with specials on drinks and either a band or dj. They will let you know what deck it is,however, if I remember right I think it was the Lido.

Have a wonderful cruise and I wish I was with you. Counted the days until April 14th.

We are sailing on the CB tommorow and are wondering what is YOUR favorite place to be on the ship as she sails away from FLL? Thanks! Chris

I agree with Cathyp the sailaway party on Lido is the place to be, but make sure you're on the port side as you head out of the channel. The residents of the condos (the condo crazies) give you quite the send off...it's really something. Have a great cruise.

Depends on what you are looking for. The Sailaway party gets quite crowded and noisy and is mid ship. I like to try to get away from the big crowds. My friend and I pulled up a lounge chair at the Terace Pool facing the stern (the back) of the ship. We were able to just sit and relax, with our drinks in hand, and watch the wake of the ship as it pulled out of the harbor. You sail straight out for quite a ways, so we just sat and watched the sun set behind FLL. It was awesome. Now weather would play a key role here. On our recent Grand cruise (Dec), we tried the same thing and froze our you-know-whats off. We ended going up to Skywalkers. You will get the same great view and be nice and warm.

I agree with Cathyp the sailaway party on Lido is the place to be, but make sure you're on the port side as you head out of the channel. The residents of the condos (the condo crazies) give you quite the send off...it's really something. Have a great cruise.

Port side is definitely the place to be! I remember the guy with the bullhorn! He was a hoot! Can't remember what all he said, but something about the Captain buying the drinks! I didn't know they had a name -- the condo crazies! Great send off!

Outrigger's Bar is just up from the Terrace Pool, good place for sure. Morgan's is another flight up above Outrigger's, nice area, but kind of small. Better view of where you are leaving from Outriggers or the Terrace pool area. There are tables and Bar stools along the rail at outriggers.

Thanks for the replies everyone! We just got home (Minneapolis) about six hours ago and got cleaned up and went straight to my employee holiday party, didn't really want to but felt obligated! For the sailaway we were on the port side, same as our balcony cabin, and enjoyed the sailaway on the Sun deck (deck 16). We were able to watch the "Condo Crazies," they were all great...all were cheering and many had Princess flags hanging out of their condos! We also had the guy with the bullhorn talking to us....we got a kick out of that. Overall, it was a fantastic cruise and we never felt crowded. Perfect weather....mid-80's and sunny. MUTS was great, especially for the NFL games (go Colts!). Last, the one excursion we did was the Champagne Catamaran, which sails from St. Thomas to Honeymoon Beach on St. Johns and has nice snorkeling. It was a lot of fun and well worth the $89/person. I'll be sure to leave a full review in the next couple of days. By the way, the express walk-off is great. We had a 10:10 A.M. flight out of Fort Lauderdale, which many people say is impossible to make.....well, we were literally at our gate at 8:15, almost two hours early, AND we had a ton of ships docking this morning. I'm not saying I'd recommend early flight, but we made ours very easily. Good luck to all traveling in the near and far future!

Chris

One of our favorite places to be during sail-away out of FLL & LA is on TOP of the bridge on the Grand Class ships. It can be accessed from behind the bar just above the Lido deck. The only time we couldn't go up there was this past Nov. when we experiencing extremely high winds.

Go all the way to the front of the ship on the Lido deck (15). You will have to go through the interior hallway. They don't leave it open for longer than 30 minutes after sailaway, but it is by far the most beautiful place for pictures (if you like shooting photos) and the most romantic (although there are others around, it still has an intimate setting).

Archived