We will be in Lisbon this May on AOS. I would love to go to Fatima, but it's a 2 hour drive each way to stay there 2 1/2 hours. My husband really doesn't want to do it. Any suggestions for the best excursion? Does the ship dock very close to the city where it would be easy enough to get around by ourselves? Or would one of the tours to Sintra or any of the other places be more enjoyable. I know this is all a matter of preference, but it's nice to get other peoples' opionions. thanks

We will be in Lisbon this May on AOS. I would love to go to Fatima, but it's a 2 hour drive each way to stay there 2 1/2 hours. My husband really doesn't want to do it. Any suggestions for the best excursion? Does the ship dock very close to the city where it would be easy enough to get around by ourselves? Or would one of the tours to Sintra or any of the other places be more enjoyable. I know this is all a matter of preference, but it's nice to get other peoples' opionions. thanks

We fell in love with Lisbon, it is great city to walk and to get around. I would suggest buying a old day transportation pass and just get on the old #28 tram and ride it up to the Alfalma district and just walk around. Go to the castle St. George, go out to Beleme and go the Monastery and the port area. We took a train out to Cascais we were going to Sintra but felt we were short on time, but Cascais was beautiful and we walked about halfway back to Lisbon along a great boardwalk. There is so much to see and do in Lisbon I would just enjoy the day.

Archived