Are any beaches in walking distance to ships

bobar

• 2 weeks later...
going to barbados in march on MSC. Are there any nice beaches in walking distance to where ship docks or do we have to taxi or bus somewhere..thanks for the help:cool:

The port is in an industrial area. I dont think any nice beaches would be in walking distance. They have tons of taxis that run back and forth to all the nice beaches.

:) Just got back from cruise with stop on Barbados last week. Took a cab to Malibu Beach (as in Malibu rum) the beach itself is public, but for a $2 fee you can use their bathrooms, for $5 includes lounge chair and umbrellas, they have simple food availble to purchase and GOOD rum drinks. We used a taxi driver by the name of Roger Walker license Z66 who took us on a tour of the island before the beach for $20 per person with four people in car (a BMW no less)

Hope this helps (ps cruise ships and everyone seems to push Boat yard for some reason, I liked Malibu for just a quiet beach day)

The Boat Yard is within walking distance. They have a web site you can check out. I have heard it is very popular.

The water at the Boat Yard looks gorgeous, but something was posted on another thread that scared me away....

$14 burgers and $7 French Fries! YIKES! I cringe thinking about how much a cold beer might run! :eek:

The Boatyard is definately within walking distance. My brother walked it and met us there (maybe 15 min walk or less??). My aunt took a $2 cab into town, walked around, then walked to the Boatyard to meet us. You can also just go to the same beach as the Batyard and not pay and eat whereever you want, but you cant use the bathrooms/chairs/etc.

• 1 month later...
How much for Roger to take us to Crane Beach? We are there April 23.

I would contact the Crane Hotel before you plan that trip. They normally charge like $25 pp to be able to use the beach (even though it's supposed to be public). We stayed 8 days in Barbados in October and they were charging people to go on it (thru their hotel and down some rickety stairs). There is a little path that leads down to the beach just past the hotel though. Perhaps your cabby can show you that. I would check it out before you get dropped off there, for sure.

NoNoNannette - are you sure those $14 burgers & $7 french fries weren't quoted in Barbados currency? If so, that would make them $7 burgers and $3.50 french fries in US dollars, which sounds more reasonable :D

our family went to the boatyard a few weeks ago, kids 9,12,15. it was a pretty beach, the water was crystal clear. with your entry you get one free drink and i think we paid $2 a beer after that. the rope swing is not open until the evening. it is quite popular with the crew. for the entry fee and what you got for that i was happy.

Archived