Glory Tours

lynninsc

Hi

My husband and I did the Best of Barbados tour just last week with a group of people from Cruise Critic.

It was a great tour and we had a lot of fun. We went to Orchid world, the Barbados Wildlife reserve, snorkled with turtles and saw a ship wreck at a second site. Ricky was a great tour guide and so funny.

It takes a few days for Sarah to get back to you and if you are unsure if she received your 1st email, email again and CC her second email address found the website.

It was among the best excursions in all my cruises. I do recommend it :)

We enjoyed Glory Tours. I would recommend it. My only issue was that Silver Moon had about 40 peope on one of its boats and they were at the shipwreck and the turtle site with us. It got crowded. Orchid world was very nice!!!!!!!!!! The tour guide was great. All in all... it was a great excursion and we are glad that we did it. I am also glad that I was on a tour with 13 people and not 40+... even though they ended up at the snorkling sites with us.

We have been trying to book a tour with them as well. I had to e-mail Sarah 4 times before I received an initial response from her. She did apologize for the delay and stated that we would receive our Tour Pass the next day. It has been almost 5 days since that last e-mail and we have yet to receive our Tour Passes. I just e-mailed her again for an update. We'll see. We are waiting patiently because we have read so many rave reviews about this tour. I do hope that the actual tour runs smoother than the booking process.

We have been trying to book a tour with them as well. I had to e-mail Sarah 4 times before I received an initial response from her. She did apologize for the delay and stated that we would receive our Tour Pass the next day. It has been almost 5 days since that last e-mail and we have yet to receive our Tour Passes. I just e-mailed her again for an update. We'll see. We are waiting patiently because we have read so many rave reviews about this tour. I do hope that the actual tour runs smoother than the booking process.

I found our tour pass for our Feb 6, 2007 in my spam folder.

I haven't been able to contact Sarah either. I've emailed both the glory tour email accounts around 6 or 7 times in the last week and called their office twice without any contact. The phone just rings and rings. Are we sure they are still in business??

Just going to have to book with someone else. Any suggestions??

I haven't been able to contact Sarah either. I've emailed both the glory tour email accounts around 6 or 7 times in the last week and called their office twice without any contact. The phone just rings and rings. Are we sure they are still in business??

Just going to have to book with someone else. Any suggestions??

I sent Sarah an email last night and she emailed back in less than 20 minutes.

We booked a tour with them in May. The Explore and Discover Barbados tour. I e mailed her a couple of times before I got the first response but when I did finally get thru everything went quite well. Recieved the tour voucher yesterday......

I finally received an email from Sarah. She states that she hadn't received any emails. Later she did email me back stating she found a previous email from me in her junk email box?? She also stating her email service was down all day yesterday. I think she has server problems due to all the mail she receives. Still doesn't explain why the phones aren't answered even with an answering machine?? My wife and I have already booked elsewhere. mdrobtx

I finally received an email from Sarah. She states that she hadn't received any emails. Later she did email me back stating she found a previous email from me in her junk email box?? She also stating her email service was down all day yesterday.

This is what we experienced months ago with Glory Tours. I think it's very poor service. Why don't they do something about it if it's happening so often and to so many people? They're obviously losing business because of it. I just lost confidence in them and didn't feel comfortable handing money over in advance to an overseas company who seems to use hit and miss methods of doing business.

We finally received our Tour Pass along with an apology for the delay. We hope that the actual tour goes smoothly. We decided to stick this out because of the rave reviews that Glory Tours has received from fellow CCers. I believe that this bit of aggrevation will be worth it in the long run. :rolleyes:

I agree with you Got2goaway. And yes I really don't love having to pay in advance. But if I made my living guiding tourist and went thru all the trouble of setting up to use credit cards I would charge in advance also. Glory Tours aren't the only tours that do that in Barbados. Several of the Cat tours require you to send Credit Card info to book.

I would imagine that these people have been burned several times by people asking to book a tour on such and such day. The tour operators are there to meet the ship and are turning away walk up tourist because the tour is full and for some reason the passengers that "booked" for that day decided to go eleswhere and didn't have the courtise (sp) to cancel with them. I know how I would feel if I had a tour "booked" and the operator grabbed the first 10 to 12 people that wanted to go because they didn't know if I was gonna show or not and didn't have space for me now.

This is not a vacation for these folks. Its how they feed their families. If I decide not to go in the near future all I have to do is call or e mail and my Credit card will be credited.

We used Glory tours last week, the driver was 15 min. late and apologized. Barry turned out to be a great guide, but through no fault of his own, the Orchid Gardens were not very much in bloom. We then arrived too late for the monkeys and only saw them in a cage and lots of more gentle animals roaming around. Great picture opportunities. Stopped for a few minutes at the beach ( our request ). We called Sarah who was notified that the driver was late, and again to let her know that the Orchid Garden was a disappointment. We were not

pleased to have to prepay by credit card. Unfortunately, Harriman Caves are closed till April. Sarah was quick to reply to our initial order and we had no problems with that.

I agree with Mim Lloyd. I checked posts over 6 months ago, and the same problems with contacting and receiving tour passes with Glory Tours. It may be a good tour but the poor service and prepay is not worth it to me. I stated in an earlier post that I called twice and the phone rang and rang. Sarah emailed me assuring me that she's there most of the day and they have an answering service or voicemail. This is the same excuse I heard about my numerous emails that went unanswered. She assured me that she receive no email.

I don't know what the problem is, but there are obvious problems. Those that want, enjoy their tours. I'll take a pass.

Now that I've related my experience with Glory Tours lack of communication with their costumers, I've received very prompt emails form Sarah complaining about my posts here on cruise critic. Here was my response to her.

Sarah,

I am entitled to my opinion just like you. I wrote my opinion based on what I experienced. Like I stated on cruise critic I reseached the forums back over 6 months, granted most were good reviews but there were many agreeing with my view. You have poor communication with your customers. Whether it be returning emails, answering the phones, or sending out the tour passes. You need to improve considerably in these areas or you will continue to lose customers such as myself. Unfortunately us Americans are used to instant gratification and that means quick and hassle free service. The only suggestion I can give you is to hire someone who can address your communication and email problems. No offense and good luck to you and your business. mdrobtx

mdrobtx

This is what happened to me. I was getting frustrated at not having my messages replied to by Glory Tours but they responded promptly when I posted my messages on this forum board!

I agree with your comments. But it's not just an American thing wanted a professional and hassle free service - us Brits expect that too! :)

mdrobtx & Mim Lloyd,

I hope that you have arranged tours with other operators on Barbados and I hope that you have good tours with them. I sure am hoping that we have a good tour with Glory Tours while we are there.

I ran into some of the same problems that you speak of with tour operators on other islands that we are to visit while on our cruise (slow to no response to e mails, ect) but I just marked them off my list and continued on.

Barbados appears to be a beautiful island and it would be ashame not be able to get off the ship and enjoy it while your there. I hope you have a great cruise and good luck........:)

When did the people in the world become so uncaring of one another when was it that people decided that it was better to think negative of others ratter than positive. When was it that attacking people for no reason became ok.

Bellow are my emails to mdrobtx. MimLloyd response where delayed but as she is aware her request had special circumstance which took extra time.

Is it really necessary for you guys to go with this ?

Hi Michael

Are you mdrobtx on Cruise Critic?

................. I am not sure why you are not getting maybe phone I am away from the phones only for about 2 hours on a afternoon at witch time the phones should go into the voicemail. Otherwise I answer phones 356 days a year around the clock. I have people all me at 3am, and I answer.

Michael I can only offer my sincerest apologies and tell you what I know. That's what I know to be true about the phones and honestly all of your emails prior to the first one I answered went into Junk mail for some reason unknown to me. I get over 270 junk mail a day so It is hard to check some days when it is usually all junk mail very occasionally we will get a important email like yours that will go into it.

Once again my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards

Sarah

Hi Michael

It is entirely unjust and unfair of you to make the statement you have been making on Cruise Critic.

I have been entirely honest with you about the whole situation and contacted you right away after I received your first email to my inbox. I would of happily provided you with a tour. I don't know why you are having problems with my phone number.

Because of things like this on the board I am extremely careful about my email, extremely.

I am just a person working hard to provide my customers with a great service and make a living. I am up at 6am answering emails and I answer emails past midnight some nights. I do this for my customers. You dont know me but I am the person that goes the extra mile and I have thousands of past customers who will attest to that.

Bellow is an email I recently received from an overseas agent we work with.

What an OUTSTANDING job Tricia did for my group of clients December 30th. Please read what my lead client wrote below. No doubt that I will continue to recommend your services to not only my clients, but to travel agent colleagues as well. I am so grateful to have met you at the Luxury Travel Expo two years ago, and it was great timing to see you again at this years show. Everything could not have

worked out better.

............................"Here's the biggest, happiest surprise. Your hard work on the last day of our trip paid off big time. We were met, as planned by Glory Tours at the port. They took us, not to the Blue Horizons as planned, but instead to condos called the Oleander, right on the beach. We had two condos, each with large living rooms, kitchens, two bedrooms and two baths. They opened up to a huge joint lawn that was literally six steps to the water. There were plenty of couches, beds, and chaise lounges for all. Sarah, who owns Glory Tours, gave us the kind of personal service you can only dream about. She had changed the reservation from the Blue Horizon to the Oleander when these condos became available.

She was there to meet us. She immediately set out to get us cold drinks. Then one niece had an internet emergency, and she came, picked her up and took her to the Glory Tours office. She brought back menus so we could order in lunch, then came to pick us up to get lunch so we wouldn't have to walk the 1/2 block with all the food. The vans to the airport were clean, on time and driven by smart, lovely guys who gave us lots of information about the trip. This was such a soft landing from our wonderful week. I cannot say enough about how well this worked out for us. She was lovely, lovely, lovely. All we did was sing your praises all day for having connected us to such a perfect final experience."

Please extned a warm hearted thank you to Glory Tours for assisting my very important clients and taking such good care of them!

A happy, healthy and peaceful New Year!

"Cheers"!

Gail

Gail Woloz - Vacation Planner

Gail's Travel a division of Travelstore

click on........www.gailstravel.com

(310) 545-3085 direct

(310) 546-6259 fax

"Making your vacation dream a cherished memory"

Hi Michael

Understood and I do admit that sometimes emails are delayed although this was not the situation in your case it really was the JunkMail folder.

Re hiring someone I would love to but that would mean more expenses and one of the things we try to do is keep cost down. However we expect to expand our fleet this year and at that time I will be hiring someone to do just that.

Your email just sounds a little harsh and accusing.

have a great time in Barbados Michael :)

Best regards

Sarah

I am entitled to my opinion just like you. I wrote my opinion based on what I experienced. Like I stated on cruise critic I reseached the forums back over 6 months, granted most were good reviews but there were many agreeing with my view. You have poor communication with your customers. Whether it be returning emails, answering the phones, or sending out the tour passes. You need to improve considerably in these areas or you will continue to lose customers such as myself. Unfortunately us Americans are used to instant gratification and that means quick and hassle free service. The only suggestion I can give you is to hire someone who can address your communication and email problems. No offense and good luck to you and your business. mdrobtx

Sarah

I'm sure we don't mean to come across as harsh and unfeeling and these messages aren't intended to attack you personally or complain about any aspect of your actual tours. In fact, the reason my family originally wanted to book a Glory Tours in the first place was because of the very positive reviews I'd read about you.

My frustrations were due to asking for information from you and then not receiving a response for such a long time despite sending reminder messages. Then we'd receive a reply which we'd respond back to - then nothing back from you again unless we emailed you 2 or 3 times. When you're half a world away and this is the only way of making regular contact, it doesn't create a positive feeling. We've booked tours on 4 other islands without this email difficulty.

Unfortunately, as mdrobtx says, it is a fact that from our point of view you DO have poor communication with your customers, and prospective customers aren't to know what's going on at your end. First impressions tend to stick!

I'm glad to hear that you are about to hire someone who can address your communication and email problems. You do sound like a very nice person who is obviously committed to her job, and I second mdrobtx in wishing you good luck to yourself and your business.

We're booked with Sarah for March and have had nothing but great service from her. She very patiently answered all my questions and even sent us pictures of one place we were thinking about. E-mails were answered quickly and were always waiting for me when I next checked the mail. We're looking forward to our tour there.

As far as prepaying I guess you haven't done the Alaska cruise yet?

I'll be there on the Tour with Glory on the 6th of Feb. too!!! Sarah took a couple of days to get back to me but in her email she apologized saying her pc was down for a few days. She seems really nice. I'm really looking forward to the "Best of Barbados" tour!!

Archived