Need to know about the Elation-Galveston

runnermom

:rolleyes: I am debating on booking a cruise out of Galveston on the Elation for our family. We have cruised on Celebrity, Holland America (2 times) and Princess. I have cruised on the Celebration out of Galveston 2 years ago and was extremely disappointed. Let me know! Thanks....

I wonder if by "family" you are meaning that there are kids along. We have two children that love Carnival. The 214 ft. spiral waterslide is their favorite thing on the ship. You can't get them off of it. And one thing that is really neat about Camp Carnival is that it has an outdoor play area with a pool. You don't normally see that in the kids areas on other ships. Our kids love Carnival's kids programs the most.

And the food on the Elation is very good, too. It is not real old or anything, ( I think it was built in 1997 or 1998.) And it is in pretty good shape. I liked the shows, especially the comedians. I thought the comedians were much better than the main headliner show. Overall, I would do it again in a heartbeat. And another point in Carnival's favor is the size of their basic inside cabins. Their basic inside cabins start out at 185 square feet, which is considered large by industry standards.

If you want more info., you probably need to be more specific with your inquiries. Are you wanting to know more about Elation's dining options? Or about the kids program? Or about drink prices? Just ask a few specific questions and you will probably get more information about what you are interested in. I hope this helps. Happy cruising.

Just returned from Elation last week, had a ball! I have the capers and shore excursions scanned, as well as all of our pics. The only problem with the capers/excursions scanned, they are very hard to read-any suggestions? Anyway, email or post with any questions.

Wow, your pix were great! Very helpful. I was wondering what the noise level was with the children on board. You cruised in May though, so the kid factor would be minimal. I have heard other reviews in other forums complain that the kids were running through the halls at all hours of the morning and very out of control. Thank you again for sharing your photos. I wanted to get on the Grand Princess for Thanksgiving but it is already sold out!! Thank you.

Layditx,

Thank you for your reply. How was the kid control (ages 10 -15)? Since you went in the Summer, there were probably lots of kids. Were there any problems with the kids running around out of control??

We were on the Triumph in April (17-24) and there were very few kids.

Apparently we 'skirted' the Spring Break rush.. which I enjoyed. ;)

I've heard about the 'kids running around', but it is usually on a cruise that encompasses the Spring break or shortly after the end of the school year.

IMHO, if you need your kids to meet lots of other kids, go during the above times when the 'kids are out of school'. I pick the 'off' times, and the prices are usually good too.. :)

Just returned from Elation last week, had a ball! I have the capers and shore excursions scanned, as well as all of our pics. The only problem with the capers/excursions scanned, they are very hard to read-any suggestions? Anyway, email or post with any questions.
layditx,

I would love to see your scans...could you e-mail them to me? bernie.newman@verizon.net.

Thanks!

My husband and I and 4 of our kids (ages 4-12) just got back from the Elation July 25. There was something like 854 kids under the age 18 on the ship with us. The noise level from the kids was not a problem at all. The teenagers would all congregate around the massage chairs and that was a little annoying but that's the worst thing I can think of. No one was too bad. Once in a while a kid or two would run past, and I saw a couple kids throw temper tantrums, but that's all par for the course. There was one "gang" of maybe 8-12 year old mostly boys that were a little noisy and fought with each other, but they didn't do anything to other passengers or anything.

Our kids met a lot of kids they liked which made the trip all that much better for them.

The noisiest, most disruptive groups were the young adults, like those in their early twenties. They were the ones pounding on doors and running in halls and wanting attention.

Archived