checked bags? non checked bags?

bluedog123mom

Ihave read a few post where it is noted about some bags being checked and some not? what does this mean? And can soda just be brought onto the boat or does it need to be in a "checked" bag? thanks, jackie

Checked bags are the ones you give to the cruiseline, to be delivered to your cabin. The bag you take on the ship yourself are called carryon's. You can put the soda in your carryon bags. These bags have to fit through the xray machine opening, which is 24"x16".

Here is the info from the carnival site

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Silly question...

How do you lock your bags?

There are TSA approved luggage locks out on the market. DH and I buy wire ties (that's what I call them) at the hardware store. It is a plastic strip with an opening on one end. You slide the other end through and one way grippers prevent it from being opened unless you cut it.

You can bring small nail clippers on board to cut off the "lock".

I never lock my luggage when flying.

I use the little luggage locks that came w/my luggage before arriving at the pier for a cruise.

For an old set of luggage, I had lost my locks, so went to WalMart and bought a pack of 2 little luggage locks w/4 keys. The pack cost $1.29.

Jackie - You can take soft drinks on board anyway you wish, whatever is the easiest way for you. I put a 6-pack of the 16 oz. plastic-bottled Cokes in a tote bag, and carry it on.

A good thing is that you can also purchase soft drinks at the ports you visit, and not have a problem bringing them back on board with you. :)

A good thing is that you can also purchase soft drinks at the ports you visit' date=' and not have a problem bringing them back on board with you. :) [/b']

That's one of my favorite things! I collect Coke bottles and always pick one up when I travel to an island or non-US destination. :)

Archived