Looking for anyone that has done Lahaina On Your Own in Maui

marcyjane

Looking for someone that has done the "Lahaina On Your Own Tour" with NCL in Maui.

Just wondering how long you have to stay there and what times the shuttle bus takes you back to the ship.

Also booked our shore excurison for our May cruise to Hawaii on the NCL website today. Ship is in Maui for 2 days and we booked the Ocean Center & Iao Valley tour for we thought the 2nd day and then choose the Lahaina on your Own and it came up same time, same day. Just wondering why you can't do one on one day and the other the last day.

Shore excurisons office is closed today (Sunday) so I'll try as well to call them on Monday.

Any help or advice will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Marcy

We did this tour in Jan 2006. The shuttle dropped us in Lahaina in the morning. We had time to look around the historic town, catch the $1 bus to Whaler's Village, look in the shops there, short walk along the beach to Ka'anapali Beach for some great snorkelling. Drinks and snacks at Whaler's, $1 bus back to Lahaina, some shopping and back to pick up NCL bus. Not sure on exact times but there is plenty to do - you won't be stuck waiting around for your return to ship. This was one of our best days and one of the cheapest!!!

Looking for someone that has done the "Lahaina On Your Own Tour" with NCL in Maui.

Just wondering how long you have to stay there and what times the shuttle bus takes you back to the ship.

Also booked our shore excurison for our May cruise to Hawaii on the NCL website today. Ship is in Maui for 2 days and we booked the Ocean Center & Iao Valley tour for we thought the 2nd day and then choose the Lahaina on your Own and it came up same time, same day. Just wondering why you can't do one on one day and the other the last day.

Shore excurisons office is closed today (Sunday) so I'll try as well to call them on Monday.

Any help or advice will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Marcy

Hi:

We just came back from 11 days on NCL in Hawaii . We spent two days in Lahaina on our own. The first day we went to Wailea ( checked out the Grand Wailea Hotel....absolutely beautiful ) and did snorkling at Ilua Beach...just to the right of the Grand Wailea Hotel. Also went to the Shops at Wailea...very exclusive "shopping mall" and that is where the bus stop was. This was done by taking the Maui Bus...it cost us 2.00 US per person each way. Took the bus at the back of Whaler's Village in Lahaina which is very close to where we get off the tenders.

Second day we also took the Maui bus to Kanaapali. Beautiful snorkling. On the way back, we got off the bus near Hilo Hattie and just walked back to the pier enjoying the village stores/ old homes etc. So for the two days it only costs us 6 dollars per person using the Maui Bus and we saw quite a bit.

Make sure you check the bus schedules as some only operate every hour.

Bus drivers were very helpfull.

Don't forget you're in America. Rent a car!

We had a car waiting for us in every port, including two overnights. Very convenient. We went where we wanted, when we wanted. All prearranged before we left.

Those trying to rent when they arrived were ripped off, and were paying triple what we paid for less. :eek:

Hi, we rented a car for 2 days. It cost us only $70, and we did most of the excursions on our own. Got maps from the rental place and admission to the stuff was really cheap. Remember, you're in America, cars drive on the right side and signs are in English. You can do it all by yourself or even with another couple.

Thank you all so much, just ran home for lunch and call NCL shore excursions and all is well the lady was super nice and fixed everything for me. She said they had two codes to choose from for day 1 & day 2, but maybe it was me I only saw one choice for the Lahaina on your own and 1 for the Ocean Center & Iao Valley.

Oh well like I said all is well now and my new confirmation is on it way by email. Did ask her about the shuttle coming back from Lahaina and is said it runs about every hour up til around 6:00pm.

Thank you all so much as always you cruise critic memebers help so much.

Archived