Grand Turk or Nassau Snorkeling?

cruisinggg

• 2 weeks later...
We are also visiting Grand Turk and Nassau (March). Any advice on the best beaches to snorkel from? or tour operators that someone would recommend???

I haven't been to Grand Turk, but in Nassau you can't do better than Stuart's Cove:

http://www.dive-bahamas.com/

Here's an extract from my cruise review:

Nassau: “Snorkel Bahamas Adventure” is a 5-½ hour trip operated by Stuart’s Cove. The Stuart’s Cove outing surpassed all of my previous experiences. The boat trip is @ three hours, and visits Schoolhouse Reef, the spectacular Golden Key Reef and finally a “swim with the sharks” at ‘The Wreck of the Bahama Mama’. I have never before witnessed such a number and variety of fish as at Golden Key. There are never-ending fish, large and small, singly and in large schools. The floor is decorated with huge, magnificent coral formations of all shapes and sizes. While there, a shark cruised past our group. He obviously thought this was his ocean and didn’t know, nor care, that we weren’t scheduled for a shark encounter until after Golden Key. Surprisingly, getting in with a dozen or so sharks is not frightening. I suspect we were too caught up with their grace and magnificence to be scared. The fact that the boat captain hadn’t lost a diver in twelve years was also encouraging.:) This is a five star, gold medallion, prime trip, not to be missed!

Archived