Jewel AF mini-suite

VicKen

We are thinking of booking a AF mini-suite on Deck 11 of the Jewel but are somewhat concerned about what's above us. Any problem with noise from the pool, restaurants, video archade? Does anyone know whats in the blank spot between mid and aft elevators? I am assuming some kind of crew area but worry that it might be kitchens for the restaurants on Deck 12 and that could be noisy early and late.

It is really easy to see whats' above you by checking out the deck plans. be sure you associate the stairs/elevators and you will know if anything is above you. we have been in the AF suites all the way fwd and there is only the card room on one side and the other side were the conference rooms. If you are mid ships you could have the pool deck above you and more noise during the daylight hours.

Hi: We were on the maiden woyage of the Jewel which was in August 2005. There were over 500 children on that cruise, and unfortunately we booked AFT balcony on the 11th deck without checking what was above us. Turns out the teen lounge was directly above us and around 10pm every evening the pounding started. This continued until about 1 am. Some nights it sounded like they were skateboarding up there. We asked at the front desk if we could have our room changed, but they could only move us 2 doors down...no difference. Not even that noise could ruin our vacation...I am a true lover of kids and dogs..so while NCL said they would ask the kids to keep it down, I knew that was a bit unrealistic. Lesson learned - check what is above you from the deck plans. We were so excited to get a balcony room on the maiden voyage, our excitement took over our common sense. You will love the Jewel. Happy sailing :D

Hi: We were on the maiden woyage of the Jewel which was in August 2005. There were over 500 children on that cruise, and unfortunately we booked AFT balcony on the 11th deck without checking what was above us. Turns out the teen lounge was directly above us and around 10pm every evening the pounding started. This continued until about 1 am. Some nights it sounded like they were skateboarding up there. We asked at the front desk if we could have our room changed, but they could only move us 2 doors down...no difference. Not even that noise could ruin our vacation...I am a true lover of kids and dogs..so while NCL said they would ask the kids to keep it down, I knew that was a bit unrealistic. Lesson learned - check what is above you from the deck plans. We were so excited to get a balcony room on the maiden voyage, our excitement took over our common sense. You will love the Jewel. Happy sailing :D

We were just on the Jewel in mini suite 11060. It was great. No discernable noise at all except for our balcony neighbors and usual hallway stuff. No noise from above and we were sort of below pool area. Marilyn

This is great news for me! We are going to be on the Pearl in 11066 in a few months, and my mother (her first cruise) was a bit concerned about noise. Thanks for posting this comment.

We were just in 11612, which sounds like it is near where you are looking. We had three rooms in a row. I was the only one that heard anything. During the night (around 1 or 2) I would hear a sound like water rushing. My guess is that they were power washing the kitchen in preparation for the next day. It wasn't a loud noise (I am a light sleeper) and I went right back to sleep each time.

Hope this helps.

That is exactly what I wanted to know. I suspected the blank area might be kitchen/crew since it is close to Mama's and Garden Cafe. 11600 and 11602 are right on the edge - either under the crew area or under the teen area. I am a little concerned due to a previous post about the teen lounge. Hopefully we are more under the crew area. Lucky for me I am not a light sleeper but my DH is....

Archived