NCL Island Beach Break

Texas2804

Sorry if there is a post out ther that addresses this topic.....my search function isn't working right now....I keep getting an error message. I think it has to do with the update.....anyway, I digress.

Has anyone done the Island Beach Break w/NCl. Which island is it? Is there shade? Was there snorkeling? Did you have a fun time? Would it be ok with kids?

Thanks.:)

I don't know about NCL, but Carnival's Island Beach Break was on Bannister Island. I know there were people from other cruise lines at the same Island. Sorry, that probably doesn't help you out much. :o

If you do find out that Bannister Island is the same Island NCL uses, you can click the link for my Miracle review below my signature to read about our day there. Have fun! :)

I was also wondering about the beach break. We are trying to decide between this and the Altun Ha ruin. Very unsure as to what to do. We are also going on NCL this March. Does anyone know if you go on the beach break is there still time or even a tender to take you to the port to see Belize and maybe some shopping? Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

• 3 weeks later...

We were there a couple of years ago, and my impression is that this is not a place you want to venture on your own. The area around the port is extremely poor and I don't think there's much shopping. Some of the excursions include some limited shopping for local wares at sites set up for the tours.

We were on NCL two weeks ago. Brother and his wife went on the ships island break- just wanted to have some "down and relaxing" time. They enjoyed themselves alot. THere are cabanas for shade- a bar for drinks etc. But be careful! They wore sunscreen and hats and STILL got pretty burned- cuz they are from New Hampshire and are not used to that Caribbean sun. Be sure and apply your sunscreen many times during the day.

They did have time to come back to the ship and catch a tender in to the port shops to shop a bit. Nothing outside of the port area so you will need to shop there. There is a small "flea market" right behind the shops- they will haggle more and deals are better!

Any questions- just ask! Have fun!

Thanks everyone for the answers.:D

Yes I think from what others have posted here and on the NCL boards that it is bannister Island NCL goes to. If you decide to book on your own you have to tender to the port (25 min)and then take a water taxi or a boat through your tour company(45 min). If you book through NCL it is about a 25 min tender ride to the Island (from what others have said). I was thinking of booking through Coral Breeze since everyone seems to recommend them but they're price was almost identical's to NCL. So for a few extra dollars I have cut the tender time in half and I have piece of mind knowing the ship won't leave without(or find a way to get me back on it) me b/c I am a ship excursion. JMO:rolleyes:

NCL does go to Bannister Caye (Island). We just got back from a 5 day on the NCL Pearl. We did the Barrier Reef Snorkel and Beach break offered by NCL. We took a tender in to the Belize City pier and met the NCL staff at a designated spot at the pier at 1:45pm. We actually went a little early to check out the shops at the pier location. We then took a catamaran out to the reef for a 1 hour snorkel. Great coral formations. We then went to Bannister Caye for about an hour. Very relaxing. There are chairs, floats, kayaks, etc. There is a small place to eat and an outdoor bar. The catamaran then took us directly back to the Pearl. $79 per person.

Does NCL go to Bannister Island too? Is it cheaper to go ashore and find your own way there? Can you get food there? What's it like? Thanks!

If you decide to book on your own you have to tender to the port (25 min)and then take a water taxi or a boat through your tour company(45 min). If you book through NCL it is about a 25 min tender ride to the Island (from what others have said)

Texas is correct. From the ship to the port is the OPPOSITE direction than from the ship to Bannister Island. If you do the excursion through the cruiseline, you go straight from the ship to the Island (about 20-30 minutes) and then back to the ship. On our tour (which was Carnival, not NCL) they gave us the option of going straight back to the ship, or they would take us to the port if we wanted to shop. We chose to go back to the ship, but others did stay on the boat after we were dropped off at the ship, to be taken to the port area.

If you book independently, you'll have to tender from ship to port (20-30 min), find your tour group, then tender from port to Island (45-60 min), then back to the port (45-60 min) and then back to the ship (20-30 min). It will save you some money, but it will take a lot longer.

To answer your question about food: yes, you can get food on Bannister Island. They have a restaurant/bar area that offers things like burgers, chicken strips, nachos, bar-b-q chicken, hot dogs, etc. We ate chicken strips and they were very tasty. The waitresses come around to your lounge chairs and take your order and bring your food out to you, or you can go sit under the roof at the restaurant area if you wish.

Archived