Pre-Booking Shore Excursions

Avril

My boyfriend and I are sailing on the Conquest in February 2008. There are some shore excursions that we really want to do so want to book before the cruise so they won't be sold out before we get to the ship. When can you start to book your shore excursions online?

Thanks a lot :D

Look at your reservation on the Carnival website. In the itinerary portion, it will allow you to "book" shore excursions online (if it says "view" excursions, you can't). Click on the link and have your credit card handy. Once booked, your itinerary will automatically change on your reservations page to reflect the excursions you've just purchased.

I looked at the "My Reservation" section on Carnival's website and it's not showing "Book" or "View" for any port other that our embarkation port (Galveston). But there are still 383 days untill our cruise so mabe that's why as our deposit has been pad in full.

Do it as soon as you can because, our table mates on the Liberty 01/06/07 sailing missed out on a couple because they waited til they were on board. We booked all of our excursions through CCL, they were more expensive than if you booked online to the independant companies, but if you miss the Island you get your $$ back. Hope you have a great trip.

We try to book all ours online before we go. We can look over the list and discuss where we want to go. This way we are not standing inline onboard the ship and also know we are doing exactly what we planned.

I believe that usually you are unable to book the excursions until about six months before you sail.

You can pay just as soon as you have paid your deposit.

That is incorrect. Most excursions cannot be booked until you are around 170 days from the cruise. I know with us, some of the excursions were available a little sooner than that, but none were available until about 3 months after we paid our deposit.

That is incorrect. Most excursions cannot be booked until you are around 170 days from the cruise.

Yeah, that. :) When we booked our upcoming cruise, I asked our PVP when we'd be able to book excursions, and she said that they typically become available at about 6 months out. In our particular case, it was a bit earlier than that (middle of November we were able to start booking for our late June cruise).

Actually, 180 days from sailing is more or less the golden mark. As a rule, once you hit that, your shore excursions will begin to show as "bookable". You will be able to view them well before that, but as we found out, not all tours are available for every sailing. I know, it says if you have paid your deposit in full, you can book right away, but unfortunately, that rarely happens. Have fun!

I believe that usually you are unable to book the excursions until about six months before you sail.

That is incorrect. Most excursions cannot be booked until you are around 170 days from the cruise.

Thanks a lot. You 2 have been a lot of help.

Archived