Best Scuba/Snorkeling

sscruising

Hi: We will be cruising in August and my husband would like to know where are the best places for Scuba & snorkeling-he just received his PADI cert. and is anxious to go out. He is most interest in St. Lucia, Antigua or Barbadoes.

Thanks!!

From everything I have read and from speaking to different DMs, Roatan is the best. I heard this from my dive instructor and from other divers when i was in Hawaii.

"When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself"
G Thorogood

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> He is most interest (sic) in St. Lucia, Antigua or Barbadoes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have experience at these islands, but of the places I've been diving, Cozumel in right there near the top. Grand Cayman is good, as well as Curacao. Next down the scale is St. Thomas. Aruba is just OK and St Maarten was quite disappointing.

Hawaii has very interesting marine life, but the underwater scenery is very lacking in color. It is all hard coral, a dull light brown color.

British Columbia has excellent diving, but different than the Caribbean . I know Alaska would also be good.

<font color="FF6600">
if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>
Cruise photos on my [url="http://www.brobertson.org/"]Home page [/url]<font color="990066">
Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004
So when is the next cruise?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
[quote name='simonv']The best in the world is Indonesia or Papau New Guinea on liveaboard. Don't bother with Carribean.[/quote]

We're doing the Pacific Princess Islands of the Pacific Theater cruise in April, 2006, and will be hitting Brisbane in Australia, then Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands, Rabul, Papua New Guinea, Chuuk (Truk) Island, Micronesia, Guam and Saipan in the Marianas. Any suggestions about sites, guides, boats, tours, etc. for snorkeling?

We're pretty experienced snorkelers, living in Hawaii.

Mahalo plenty!

Donna

Archived