Room layout of QM2 4034 or similiar

qm2fan

On a crossing we booked with our travel agent for next year we settled with cabin 4034 as we are travelling with three and saw on the deck plan that the third birth was a sofa bed. We however want our bed set up as a king, not doubles, which our agent said was not possible in that cabin. Can someone clarify for me. I understand if it was an upper that a king wouldn't be possible because it would block access to the upper bed, but why would a sofa bed affect whether we can have a king? Is our agent's layout wrong and the room doesn't have a sofa bed? Thanks for everyone's input.

I believe you're encountering a minor vagary of Cunard's otherwise excellent reservations system. In a triple occupancy booking, the system will only allow an agent to indicate beds in twin configuration. If you were to book the same room but for two people the system would allow you to indicate king bed. Unless there's something very unusual about this particular stateroom, your steward/ess will be happy to push the beds together. They generally prefer the beds together as it's easier to walk around the bed to make it. Hope that helps.

Archived