Onboard Bookings/Cancellations

hcviana

I currently have a reservation with RCI for 2008 and will be also sailing on another RCI cruise in a couple of months.

Question: In order to take advantage of the onboard booking credit for 2008, can I cancel onboard and rebook during my 2007 cruise???..or...in order to accomplish this, do I need to cancel before sailing in a couple months and then book again while onboard???

Has anybody gotten an onboard credit for a future cruise that's already booked???

Has anybody made a cancellation while onbaord???

I have never cancelled a cruise on board but have booked many before. I usually book my cruise before I leave to get the cabin I want at the best fare I see. It also allows me the leisure time to really decide what I want. Then once I am on my next cruise I book on board for the same cruise for the same category and try to get a better cabin. If unable to get a better cabin and I want to keep the original one, I wait till I get home and then call C&A and ask the agent to help me out as I want to keep my original cabin but also want the ship board credit. For all the times I have done this I have had no problem. They need to apply the reservation # from the cruise to your original booking (they may do it differently but the end result is the same.) You may be able to cancel once aboard. I have never tried to do this because I always wanted the original cabin I booked and they will not apply the shipboard credit to an existing booking. I do end up having RCCL with my depost in duplicate for a few days.

I currently have a reservation with RCI for 2008 and will be also sailing on another RCI cruise in a couple of months.

Question: In order to take advantage of the onboard booking credit for 2008, can I cancel onboard and rebook during my 2007 cruise???..or...in order to accomplish this, do I need to cancel before sailing in a couple months and then book again while onboard???

Has anybody gotten an onboard credit for a future cruise that's already booked???

Has anybody made a cancellation while onbaord???

Talk with the LA on board your cruise.

You should be able to cancel an 08 cruise and rebook the same cruise for OBC onboard. However whatever the new deal is will apply at the time you rebook, perhaps a different price and different cabin? Don't be afraid to ask. A good strategy is to see if other categories may be a better deal or fit for your situation. Cancel and rebook that category. Personally, I think you should do your research before you go, know what you want to do, make an appt. with the LA the first day, and make good use of the LA's valuable time by knowing what you want to do. IMHO.

Archived