Rain in port?

have fun now

Obviously any meaningful forecast can only come a very few days in advance. If you are looking more than 5 days ahead for the forecast, then you are being unrealistic.

Typically rain in Cayman comes in short, heavy downpours. Twenty minutes and it's all over. These showers are from isolated clouds and may only hit a portion of the island. Just duck into a shop and browse for a few minutes, or pop into the water if you are at the beach.

We had a heavy down poor of rain recently in Cozumel and we got soaking wet,,, it was hot but still you get really wet and dreary.

I saw some people who were very well prepared and they had big light weight see through garbage bags for each of them. You make 1 big hole in the bag near the bottom of the bag and then pull the see through clear bag over our head and the opening is where your face and nose is, so you can breath. That way your hair, arms, body and your beach bag with camera etc all stay dry and you can move around while it rains, with no problem and be out and about in the rain, and not feel uncomfy at all.

The clear see through big garbage bag is certainly something I will in future always have on my packing list and in my beach bag while off the ship, it folds up really small and is lightweight and cheap and soooo handy as you never know when a heavy quick downpour is coming your way.

Archived