Port Canaveral/Freeport/Nassau - Excursion Help

Toefuzz

Greetings!

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise (leaving tomorrow actually) and we're still debating about what to do. As you've probably guessed, I tend to leave things to the last minute :)

We are sailing on Carnival's Elation from Port Canaveral and have 1 day in Freeport, 2 in Nassau, and then return. I'm intrigued by the "Bahamas Jeep Adventure" excursion in Freeport and am wondering if anyone has any experience with it? It sounds great, but I hate not being in control and wouldn't enjoy spending an entire day with someone else driving. Heck, I really wouldn't want to share it at all (okay, maybe with the wife is she's really nice to me).

Most of the other options seem pretty typical (shopping, snorkeling, fishing, etc). Does anyone have any recommendations as to what we shouldn't miss? I've been reading this site and come up with a few good ideas but was hoping ya'll could help me target a few things in particular. I imagine we'll do more in Nassau as we have two full days there.

Both of us are getting into amateur photography and would love the opportunity to waste rolls (okay, memory sticks) of film... any suggestions as to the best places/tours for photography?

Archived