Legend, September 16, Price Reduction!

rajntra

Called my Carnival Rep. asking about the two cat upgrades that are being offered on some of the cruises this year and was told that did not apply to my category stateroom. But while she was on the line with me she took a look and gave me a $100.00 credit on my military rate.:D

I told her that I appreciated the credit and that she was a great PVP. She responded that she was not a PVP, that she is actually a Cruise Vacation Planner. CVP. lol Is there a difference or did they change what they call themselves now?

Called my Carnival Rep. asking about the two cat upgrades that are being offered on some of the cruises this year and was told that did not apply to my category stateroom. But while she was on the line with me she took a look and gave me a $100.00 credit on my military rate.:D

I told her that I appreciated the credit and that she was a great PVP. She responded that she was not a PVP, that she is actually a Cruise Vacation Planner. CVP. lol Is there a difference or did they change what they call themselves now?

PVP's have a different 800# number than CVP's. They also work a different schedule. CVP's are basically customer service reps, that book cruises and answer questions when you call the regular 800#. PVP's are set up to be more personal. So when you book your next cruise you call them back.

They are also paid differently.

Woo Hoo! Another price drop. First $50.00 pp, now $83.00 per person! I love watching the prices fall, and my final payment isn't due until July. Believe it or not this is Military Rate dropping also!:D

Hi, Stupid newbie questions re Military Rate we booked for Dec. (i'm sure lol):

I notice the upgrades being offered yesterday on Expedia so I called Carnival & they complied w/upgrade & discount of $133/cabin.

1) Should I keep monitoring the rate...as in do the military rates usually drop if the general rates do?

2) I got a 2nd email asking for dd-214 again (as in they'll cancel in 72 hours if they don't get a reply)...called & told them they already had it provided for this cruise (they said my file was noted, but I might get a phone call by the audit dept asking for it again??) Did you get the same request from Carnival when you rate was reduced?

Hi, Stupid newbie questions re Military Rate we booked for Dec. (i'm sure lol):

I notice the upgrades being offered yesterday on Expedia so I called Carnival & they complied w/upgrade & discount of $133/cabin.

1) Should I keep monitoring the rate...as in do the military rates usually drop if the general rates do?

2) I got a 2nd email asking for dd-214 again (as in they'll cancel in 72 hours if they don't get a reply)...called & told them they already had it provided for this cruise (they said my file was noted, but I might get a phone call by the audit dept asking for it again??) Did you get the same request from Carnival when you rate was reduced?

1. Yes keep monitoring the rates.

2. I faxed my DD214 one time and never heard anything else about it. I called a week later to make sure it was on file and they said yes.

yes. CVS' are the people you call into to book. some of them are GREAT! and i've repeated bookings w/ 2. i also have their e-mail and am always in touch for invoice updates in connection w/ price reductions.

PVPs are in the marketing dept. they call and/or contact you via e-mail with their name and ext #. i recently had a bad experience w/ a pvp. she actually yelled at me for booking w/ a cvs. didn't sit well w/ me.

FWIW -- even though they are technically in 2 diff depts, i refer to the cvs' i use as pvps. if they all get me what i need, the dept title is just semantics.

would love to know what you are paying for the legend military rate, we book military rate nearly everytime and are looking to book a 7 day cruise, can you tell me the date of your sail and catagory of room and price.........thanks........if it is good then we just might join ya on that cruise:)

Archived