Cabin 2500

Kluvs2Cruise

Hi,

I have been on deck 2 before, but never that far forward.

I dont know about your specific room, however after 13 cruises I can tell you that decks 2 and 3 mid ship are the least amount of motion.

We always have an aft room and there is some move ment, but not too bad unless we are up on decks 7 or 8, they really move a lot.

The Walt Disney theater is forward and when we sit in there to see a show you can feel a lot of movement. So if you go there and have motion sickness, dont look at the curtains before the show they do sway a lot.

It seems the currents you cross the first night are always the roughest on an average cruise. Barring any storms you may encounter.

We try to cruise during the winter and usually have great smooth cruises accept the first night everytime.

Only really rough seas was in March and we had 30 foot swells and 65 MPH crosswinds. Captain said the stabilizers wernt working so we had a rough couple of days. But that is NOT the norm for cruises.

There are many things you can use if your worried about motion sickness. dramamine, Bonine, wrist bands, ginger pills and ginger ale, green skinned apples, and there is an antihistamine shot that you can get on board if your really ill, but it costs about $100. I dont know if all ships offer it or not, but it does work.

You can always call and ask if they have a room on deck 2 that is more mid ship too. Often they do and if not, call back every couple weeks to double check because people do change their plans quite often.

We have done this before and eventually we did get where we wanted on the ship.

once on board if you do feel ill, go to the atrium area. It is the calmest public area and there are comfortable chairs there, or if you want fresh air go up one deck from the atrium on deck 4. there is an outside walking deck there with comfortable lounge chairs to relax on. Plus there is also comfortable chairs inside the 4th floor above the atrium area.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived