Turtle/Shipwreck snorkel tour in Barbados

lynninsc

If I am not mistaken, you are referring to the Tiami Catamaran in Barbados?

Yes, we have done this tour before and it was great, although quite crowded. There is a private tour that is much nicer and goes to the same places as the Tiami, about the same cost (just a bit less) and never crowded, we have taken the Silver Moon I and the Silver Moon II in the past. The Silver Moon Catamaran is one of the best tours we have ever taken in any island. If you go to the Barbados ports of call board, all the contact info is there. Only thing with the Silver Moon is that you have to fax over a deposit for this tour to reserve it, whereas the ships excursion you will pay for onboard.

We took the ships tour, and it was also enjoyable. The boat was not overly crowded, and the guides were good, and a lot of fun. Many other boats were at the turtle viewing site (including silver moon), so there were quite a few people in the water with us! We did get to see several sea turtles, and from there went to a different snorkeling site with a shipwreck. Again, there were other boats at the site, and quite a few people were present, but the snorkeling was fun and the shipwreck was interesting. Afterwards we had about 15-20 minutes at a beach where we could go ashore, or swim from the boat, or just relax onboard with a rum punch.

We liked the excursion, but also have heard rave reviews about silver moon, and would opt for the private excursion if we ever return.

We did one with Thriller and had a wonderful time. We went to snorkle with the sea turtles, 3 shipwrecks, and a beautiful reef. We had to the option to stay on the boat following the tour or going to the beach while our guide served snacks and rum punch. This was one of the best snorkeling tours we have ever taken.

We did the Thriller Snorkeling Tour last year & it was the highlight of our holiday. The Sea Turtles were amazing.

We made 3 different Snorkeling stops.

1 Sea Turtles

2 Coral Reef

3 Two Sunken Ship Wrecks.

The Snorkeling was amazing, & they use a fast powerboat so we got to the stops quickly before the crowds.

After Snorkeling we were taken to what our guide described as one of the Islands nices beaches where we sipped Rum Punch & had a snack.

All drinks were included in this snorkeling tour.

They take a maximum of 16 passengers & they were only 12 on our tour.

We contacted them at e-mail thriller-ocean-tours@caribsurf.com

We are thinking of going on the thriller tour. What beach did you go to with them? Did they pick you up at the cruise pier? They say that we should take the bridgetown shuttle for $2 each. How much would a taxi cost to go there cause we are 5 people so it will cost $10. Also what is the closest beach to bridgetown because the tour doesn't leave until 12pm?

• 2 weeks later...

We had a group join us late and they couldnt book the Tiami through the crusie ship. So I emailed like 15 catamaran tours to find someone who had room for 9. Silvermoon didnt have space but since they are highly regarded via this website so I asked for recommendations. She said El Tigre who didnt have room and then told me to contact Capatin Ron.

I talked to him long distance for California for almost 30mins on his dime. He had great information and great customer service skills. I am hoping to have the same experience with the cruise.

Has anyone cruised with Capt. Ron ? If so please let me know how it was....

http://barbadosahoy.com/wasntme.htm

I will write an extensive review when I get back...from our 3/24 sailing of the Crown.

J-

Archived