NCL Sea - Category I, Superior Inside (Main Deck)

mt4463

We just booked the 7-Night (Houston) Western Caribbean Cruise on October. Our stateroom is Cabin 4126, I-Superior Inside. It will be three of us (2 adults and a teenager) and I was wondering if this room has fold down beds or bunk-beds for the third person. I've heard some nasty rumors about roll-away beds and would like to try to avoid this, if possible.

Also, are there any considerable benefits to upgrading to a Category II-superior Inside? Right now, Rooms 2000 and 2200 on the Biscayne deck are available for the same price. On the deck diagram, they appear to be much larger. Wondering if this is a terrible location or whether we should consider moving from main deck to biscayne (bottom) deck in order to have more space. PLEASE HELP!

We were in a category "N" on the Biscayne deck last January. The only real downside we found to being on that deck was a fair amount of noise, particularly if the anchors were being lowered, and some engine noise. We slept very well on that level, until the first morning that they lowered the anchors to tender (I think it was Belize), and it woke us up out of a sound sleep early in the morning. We were right near the front of the ship, and it looks like the 2 cabins you mention are even farther forward.

If you are trying to book through the NCL website, once you make your category selection, select the room #, and it brings up a little pop-up box with more specific room information. It will include the bed configuration and # of square feet. It can be a little tricky to get to the cabin you need, as it only brings up 5 choices at a time, but if there are only a couple of cabins left for that category you should be able to find it fairly easily. Even if you're not booking directly through NCL, pretend to be booking a new cruise, and you can get there easily.

I have 2200 booked for Oct 2. If you are going after me, I can email you when I get back and tell you about it. Also my friends have room 2000 booked. I am suprised that these are available this close to sailing. We booked these almost a year ago.

Rooms 3000 and 3200 were available for a while longer but are goine now.

They are larger rooms too.

I choose 2200 and 2000 because of the unusual shape and size.

MT,

I'd stick with the main deck room. That's a pretty good location, much better than the Biscayne Deck 2. It's very convenient to the dining rooms, just walk down the hall no elevator to catch. Should be pretty quiet, I think you'd be underneath the gift shop. Should be bunk style fold down beds. I think they only use the roll aways in the larger staterooms. If you hate small hard pillows be sure and bring a comfortable travel pillow, you'll be happy you did.

db

Archived